DynCorp International LLC. Vector Control Technician in OCONKANDAHAR, Afghanistan
The Vector Control Technician performs detection, prevention, and control of mosquitoes, rodents, and anything that transmits viral or parasitic disease.
Principal Accountabilities (Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract.)
- Inspect the site completely to identify presence or absence of pests, pest damage, or any potential for pest infestation.
- Document extent of the pest problem.
- Select and use mechanical control methods which eliminate, exclude, or repel pests.
- Use the Intergraded Pest Management Information System (IPMIS), if available.
- Clean work site after completion of job.
- Perform needed pesticide and/or herbicide applications.
- Conduct pest management for stored products, pests in warehouses and other areas where infestations are damaging, or have the potential to damage client property.
- Conduct pest management for common household pests such as ants, silverfish, cockroaches, and rodents that are beyond the occupant’s ability to control.
- Coordinate inspections, schedules, treatments, and frequency of treatments
- Set mechanical traps or place poisonous paste or bait.
- Study preliminary reports or diagrams of infested area and determine treatment type required to eliminate and prevent recurrence of infestation.
- Clean and remove blockages from infested areas to facilitate spraying procedures and provide drainage.
- Maintain compliant product storage facilities, with accurate inventory.
- May inspect food service areas on a weekly basis.
Perform other qualified duties as assigned Knowledge & Skills
Knowledge of hazards and safety precautions common to vector control operations
- Ability to establish and maintain effective preventive maintenance programs, policies, and procedures
- Ability to maintain effective recordkeeping procedures and carry out assigned projects to completion
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software including Word and Excel
- Skill in operation of vector control-related tools and equipment
Additional knowledge/skills may be required by contract or assignment
Experience & Education
Current certification as pesticide applicator in accordance with Army Regulation AR 200-5 “Pest Management” or hold a state license with a minimum certification in general pests
- Experience in vector control preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Additional experience/education may be required by contract or assignment
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
Living and working conditions at assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable
- Long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions
- Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse conditions
Ability to lift twenty five (25) pounds and occasionally up to one hundred (100) pounds
Ability to travel domestically and internationally
Must have ability to obtain and maintain US security clearance at proper level
Job: *Facilities / Maintenance / Repair
Title: Vector Control Technician
Requisition ID: 1802959