DynCorp International LLC. Broadcast Technician in OCONKWAJALEIN ATOLL, Marshall Islands
The Broadcast Technician primary function is to set up, operate, and maintain the electronic equipment used to transmit radio and television programs. Control audio equipment to regulate volume level and quality of sound during radio and television broadcasts. Operate transmitter to broadcast radio or television programs.
Maintain programming logs as required by management and the Federal Communications Commission (FCC)
Operate control consoles for sound, lighting or video
Operate communications, transmissions, or broadcasting equipment.
Monitor broadcasting operations to ensure proper functioning.
Maintain recording or broadcasting equipment
Operate audio recording equipment
Edit audio or video recordings
Determine technical requirements of productions or projects
Create computer-generated graphics or animation
Install cabling & equipment, perform routine maintenance, interpret wiring diagrams and work with engineers to test and integrate equipment as required
Monitor and adjust clarity, reliability, and strength of incoming and outgoing signals
Align antennae with receiving dishes in order to obtain the clearest signal for transmission of broadcasts from field locations
Perform other qualified duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
Knowledge of transmission, broadcasting, switching, control, and operation of telecommunications systems
Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media
Knowledge of electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming
Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language
Experience & Education
Prior military, including direct support to military operations and special operations experience and training preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- Associates Degree in Broadcast Technology or four (4) years experience in broadcast technology which included equipment installation, configuration, operation, and repair.
Additional knowledge/skills may be required by contract or assignment
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
Must be able to walk and stand on level and/or inclined surfaces for up to 5 hours per day and sit for up to 3 hours per day.
- Must be able to climb stairs, ramps, ladders and work stands.
- May be exposed to certain obstructions on surface as well as ladders, stairs, etc.
- Must be able to crouch, crawl, grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbow/knee and reach above/below shoulders.
- May be required to lift up to 35 pounds to height of 4 feet and be required to lift up to 35 pounds to height of 7 feet.
- May be required to carry, push or pull up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to read and interpret newspaper and typewritten print.
- Must be able to communicate by voice and detect sound by ear.
- Must be able to distinguish color and judge three-dimensional depth.
- May be required to operate power vehicles, machinery and hand tools, etc.
Works in a normal office environment with controlled temperature and lighting conditions.
Travel to travel to and between CONUS and OCONUS location is required on regular basis
Title: Broadcast Technician
Location: MARSHALL ISLANDS-OCONKWAJALEIN ATOLL
Requisition ID: 1801023