DynCorp International LLC. Aircraft Mechanic III (AH-64E) in OCONSEMARANG, Indonesia
The Aircraft Mechanic III (AH-64E) performs the full range of military tactical aircraft maintenance functions including assembly and modification (MWO) on an AH-64E aircraft, their major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, and related systems.
Principal Accountabilities *
- Perform the full range of military tactical aircraft maintenance.
- Install, connect, and adjust complete systems such as fuel, heat, lubrication, hydraulic, engine, and transmission: install and align fuselage parts; balances, aligns, and installs tail rotor assemblies; rig complete flight control systems.
- Incorporate authorized modifications and changes.
- Make operational checks of hydraulic and fuel systems using external power sources and powered ground equipment.
- Inspect and troubleshoots to determine cause of malfunctions; disassembles to point of trouble; adjusts, repairs, realigns or replaces defective component or assembly.
- Direct the work of lower-graded mechanics for complete assembly, modification and checkout of the entire aircraft and coordinates with related trades such as electrical, avionics, and sheet metal to assure proper sequence of the complete aircraft assembly process.
- Perform other qualified duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of the makeup, operation, installation and modification of a wide variety of classes, models and series of aircraft, their major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components and related systems.
- Technical knowledge of the aircraft models and components/sub-assemblies assigned for maintenance, modification and repair.
- Ability to assemble a variety of system assemblies, and sub-assemblies such as fuel and hydraulic systems, tail boom assemblies, and the power train. Must be able to connect, mesh, align and adjust the system with one another and to determine the sequence of installation of these systems for proper coordination of the entire aircraft assembly process.
- Able to properly use a variety of common hand tools and measuring devices such as gauges, torque wrenches and scales and test, measurement and diagnostic equipment related to specific aircraft models.
- Able to trouble shoot and determine when faulty systems or assemblies can/can’t be corrected through repair of replacement of new parts and the nature and extent of repair required.
- Ability to read, apply and interpret technical data.
- Able to use and read-out of powered ground aviation support equipment.Able to qualify for a National Security Position (U.S. Secret Clearance).
Experience & Education *
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Five (5) or more years’ experience in maintenance, modification and repair of tactical AH-64E aircraft systems of the type being serviced and their associated components as set forth in individual task orders.
- Completion of U.S. military tactical aircraft maintenance or U.S. military technical school is desired.
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Airframe and PowerPlant (A&P) license or a Federal Communications Commission License, with both Elements 1 and 3 required
Physical Requirements/Working Environment *
- Is required to climb, stand, stoop, bend, stretch, crouch and work in tiring and uncomfortable position. Frequently lifts parts and equipment up to 20 pounds. Occasionally lifts objects up to 50 pounds. Most heavy lifting is accomplished through the use of mechanical devices.
- Individual must be immediately deployable to potential hostile/combat areas worldwide
- As required in support of task order.
Job: *Aviation / Support
Title: Aircraft Mechanic III (AH-64E)
Requisition ID: 1703248