DynCorp International LLC. Ground Support Equipment Mechanic in OCONSEMARANG, Indonesia
The Ground Support Equipment Mechanic diagnoses malfunctions and repairs Ground Support Equipment (GSE).
- Advises and trains lower grade workers on diagnosis and repair of less complex repair/maintenance problems
- Inspects and approves completed maintenance actions, solves repair problems by studying drawings, wiring diagrams and schematics, and technical publications
- Uses automated maintenance data systems to monitor maintenance trends, analyze equipment requirements, maintain equipment records, and document maintenance actions, and analyzes, diagnosis, and repairs GSE using conventional and digital multi-meters, voltmeters, ohmmeters, frequency counters, oscilloscopes, circuit card testers, transistor testers, and hand tools.
- Maintains external fuel and grounding systems
- Performs scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on GSE
- Inspects, tests, and operates GSE to determine equipment serviceability and proper operation
- Services equipment with fuel, oil, water, coolant, hydraulic fluid, refrigerant, and compressed air
- Diagnoses mechanical and electronic circuitry malfunctions using visual and auditory senses, test equipment, and technical publications
- Disassembles and assembles malfunctioning GSE accessories and components
- Removes, disassembles repairs, cleans, treats for corrosion, assembles, and reinstalls GSE components and accessories, stencils and marks GSE in accordance with technical publications, stores, handles, labels, uses, and disposes of hazardous materials and waste in accordance with all state, local, and federal environmental standards and regulations.
- Prepares GSE for storage and mobility deployment; and operates, cleans, inspects, and services GSE towing vehicles.
- Maintaining vehicle records
- Maintains and updates paper and electronic equipment records
- Provides dispatch service for GSE, including positioning equipment to support aircraft maintenance and flying operations
- Practices good housekeeping, tool control, Foreign Object Damage prevention, and safety at all times.
Perform other qualified duties as requested. Knowledge & Skills
Knowledge of inspection, servicing, troubleshooting and repair of ground support equipment.
- Knowledge of military publications (including electronic manuals), drawings, blueprints, microfilm, diagrams and schematics is mandatory.
- Knowledge of military and/or company forms required by work assignments.
- Individual must be able to prioritize workloads to maintain schedules on assigned projects and is required to lead teams through more complex aircraft relevant tasks.
The incumbent receives technical guidance, as required, from supervisor or higher-level technician, will occasionally be required to lead teams through more complex aircraft relevant tasks, and may be required to make entries in aircraft logs and records.
Experience & Education
Completion of high school or equivalent and U.S. military technical school or specialized training course is desired, certification of education level is required.
Four (4) or more years actual and recent in the repair, modification, maintenance and overhaul of related equipment being serviced and their associated components.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
Must be able to walk and stand on level and/or inclined surfaces for extended periods throughout the day.
- Must be able to climb stairs, ramps, ladders, and work stands.
- Must be able to crouch, crawl, grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbow/knee and reach above/below shoulders.
- May be required to lift heavy objects whose weight may exceed 50 pounds.
- Must be able to type using a standard keyboard to communicate through e-mail and various software applications.
- Will handle dirty parts and lubricants.
- Will be required to wear proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Must be able to pass a Respirator Physical and Fit Test qualification.
- May be required to operate power vehicles, machinery, hand tools, ground support equipment, fork lift, etc.
- Must be able to lift/push/pull minimum of 50 pounds.
- May work in normal office environment, maintenance shop or outside.
- Must be able to work in a shop where the environment is drafty, noisy, and dirty.
- May be exposed to extreme noise from operating equipment.
May be exposed to electrical shock hazards or work near moving mechanical parts or vehicles.
As required in support of task order.
Job: *Aviation / Support
Title: Ground Support Equipment Mechanic
Requisition ID: 1703424