Oracle Principal Launch Readiness Program Manager in Ogden, Utah
Manage the development and implementation process of a specific company product.
Manage the development and implementation process of a specific company product involving departmental or cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new or existing products. Plan and direct schedules and monitor budget/spending. Monitor the project from initiation through delivery. Organize the interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget constraints. Assign and monitor work of systems analysis and program staff, providing technical support and direction.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Seven years of project management, product design or related experience preferred.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are expanding our Cloud organization, with the option to be remote or based in Downtown Seattle. Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) is constructed with an entrepreneurial spirit that promotes an energetic and creative environment. We are unencumbered and will need your contribution to make it a world class engineering center with the focus on excellence.
We are looking for an experienced and senior-level Technical Program Manager to join the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Group in Seattle, under the centralized PMO team (it's not your standard PMO!). The PMO team at OCI steers the ship, driving results for the business by partnering with any team required to deliver results – one key program we own is Release Management.
Specifically, we are seeking an experienced, results-oriented Technical Program Manager focused on Launch Readiness and Release Management. We are seeking a highly skilled resource that has proven success in driving highly complex, enterprise products from inception through completion. We operate in a Dev Ops model, so this will not be your standard release team.
This is a very hands-on contributor role that seeks someone who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and is as comfortable digging into requirements and development details as they are managing day-to-day tasks. You will partner with every team in Oracle to make these projects happen. The space is fun, large, cross cutting and complex.
You will manage the development and implementation process for all aspects of interdepartmental delivery, plan and direct schedules and monitor budget/spending. We work on true critical programs and that means support, help, partnership and alignment in the investment. Learn why people come to work for Oracle at https://video.oracle.com/detail/video/579539284100
The Launch Readiness Program Manager will manage the cloud infrastructure release and new production launch readiness processes; spanning multiple teams and groups to ensure each product & service adheres to corporate compliance requirements. In addition to standard process management responsibilities (continual improvement, tactical delivery, training, communications, measurement, etc.), this role will be instrumental in redesigning the release delivery framework to accommodate multiple development pipelines, including system and tool integrations to facilitate automation, seamless dataflow, and visibility.
Additionally, this role is responsible for-
· Communicating across the organization to assure standard processes & best practices are used when developing new products and services.
· Drive accountability and proactive decision making across teams to ensure programs meet their objectives.
· Partner with internal clients to maintain effective communication and collaboration.
· Provide program status updates to leadership, including immediate escalation of key issues
· Manage program risks and issues.
· Positive outlook and proactive approaches to all programs and business needs.
· Inspire motivation, ownership and teamwork to deliver quality products on time
· Stickler for details when the need arises and not afraid to dig in and help wherever necessary to ensure the program is successful.
This position will have great variety to it and we are seeking a seasoned person with-
· 8 years of practical professional experience in enterprise products & services program/project management with strong requirements analysis.
· 5 years of release management or new product launch experience
· Extensive experience managing large, complex programs from ideation through execution
· Demonstrated ability to influence stakeholders at all levels in decision making and change management
· Attitude of transparency and desire to bring disclosure to the business about development and foster business trust.
· Excellent at multi-tasking, creative problem solving, self-motivation, organization, critical thinking and dedication to detail.
· Strive to continually grow your craft by learning new tools and techniques.
· Experience with JIRA, Confluence, and other Atlassian tools a plus
· Experience in cloud, big data, or data science technologies a plus
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area
/As part of Oracle’s employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, after a conditional offer has been extended./
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job: *Product Development
Title: Principal Launch Readiness Program Manager
Requisition ID: 20000RCZ
Other Locations: United States
- Oracle Jobs