HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Wound Care Nurse PRN in Ogden, Utah
While serving as a cornerstone amongst the northern Utah communities for the past 60 years, Ogden Regional Medical Center has created a deeply-rooted tradition of excellence and caring. The 240-bed facility provides a full spectrum of top-quality services, including a Level II trauma center, certified stroke center, cancer treatment center, alcohol and chemical dependency treatment center, and much more. Nationally recognized, Ogden Regional’s maternity care ranks in the nation’s top 5 percent, and its cardiology services include accreditation in echocardiography, atrial fibrillation, chest pain and heart failure.
Ogden Regional is part of HCA’s network of more than 300 affiliate hospitals, outpatient centers and business offices across the country. HCA and Ogden Regional are all about caring for people, and that care extends to patients, families and employees. * * * *
Ogden Regional sits at the heart of the mountains, with more than six ski resorts within an hour's drive. Home of the 2002 Winter Olympics, Ogden offers the lure of outdoor living and the culture of city life. Plus, with a great university down the road and many schools within driving distance, this hospital offers a central location to meet the whole family's needs
Wound Care Nurse PRN POSITION SUMMARY:
The WOC (Wound, Ostomy and Continence) nurse organizes and manages the care of patients within the facility with specific care needs related to the integumentary, gastrointestinal and genitourinary systems. This includes demonstrating clinical expertise in undertaking accurate assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of care for patients with complex wounds, ostomies and continence disorders. The WOC nurse will also serve as a clinical resource to other nursing staff and be prepared to function in the roles of educator and leader.
· Perform nursing assessments, develop, implement and evaluate nursing plans of care and instructing patient and caregivers in appropriate discharge instructions while following direction of nurse manager and medical director.
· Keeping complete and accurate patient records as they pertain to assessment, treatments, and documentation of care.
· Create a positive environment for patients.
· Demonstrate competencies in ordered treatments including but not limited to vital signs, wound assessments, wound photography, wound dressings, vascular assessments, patient and family education on common wound care topics including but not limited to, diabetic foot care, wound care dressings, off-loading, compression therapy.
Current Utah RN license in good standing (Compact RN - When a nurse changes primary state of residence by moving from one compact state to another, the nurse can practice in the new state on the former license for up to 90 days. The 90 days starts when the nurse becomes a resident in the new state).
Current certification as a CWOCN by the Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nursing Certification Board (WOCNBC) or successful completion of certification within 1 year of hire.
Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider.
- Minimum of 2 years nursing experience in the acute care setting preferred
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Wound Care Nurse PRN
Location: Utah-Ogden-Ogden Regional Medical Center
Requisition ID: 06030-40583