HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Assistant Controller in Okeechobee, Florida
Assistant Controller Accounting Department Raulerson Hospital Okeechobee, FL
Facility Description: For more than 38 years Raulerson Hospital has been providing the rural community of Okeechobee with quality healthcare and a personal touch. Raulerson Hospital is a 100-bed acute care hospital providing a wide range of medical and surgical services for both inpatient and outpatient procedures. It has been said that Raulerson Hospital offers what large hospitals can, but in a smaller setting. Although Raulerson Hospital employs more than 500 staff members, we are always seeking dedicated professionals to join our dynamic healthcare team and become a member of our family. Many of the nursing students, who spend time at Raulerson Hospital during their clinical rotations, choose to join us upon their graduation, because they enjoy the friendly, helpful atmosphere among our staff and patients.
About the area…* Okeechobee is a place that almost immediately feels like home. A unique, small community hospital with state of the art practices, in a down to earth community. Our spot in the Big Lake area of Central Florida affords world-class sports fishing, natural beauty, easygoing lifestyle and friendly people. Just a hop, skip and jump from many of Florida's cities and attractions, Okeechobee is an affordable place to live, a fun place to relax and a great place to thrive.
- Raulerson Hospital is the sole hospital provider in Okeechobee County
- Raulerson Hospital has been recognized by The Joint Commission as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures for five years in a row. We are one of only 117 hospitals in the nation to achieve this distinction. / / /Raulerson Hospital is a member of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA has been named one of Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies for eight consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence!/ / / /Benefits:/ /We offer a generous compensation package for Full-time and Part-time including: vacation, 401k, and Medical Insurance. /
_Job Description:_ Reporting to the Controller, the Assistant Controller supervises and coordinates the duties, responsibilities and activities of the general accounting functions, the accounting professionals and the accounts payable staff. Responsible for overseeing the recording of accounting information into the general and subsidiary ledgers in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and hospital policies in an accurate and timely manner.
- Assists controller in the yearly budget process. Responsible for the preparation and coordination of the expense and staffing portions of the budget. Trains accounting staff on their respective areas of input and analysis.
- Coordination of the year-end tax package and the Medicare cost report work papers submission.
- Gathers financial and statistical information to comply with Agency for Health Care Administration reporting requirements and prepares required reports timely.
- Manages the accounting staff’s involvement in the Capital Budget Process, which includes but is not limited to setting up of a yearly Capital Budget and maintaining a CER listing and status of all CER’s. Manages and trains accounting staff to maintain the capital management system, closing completed projects and transferring project to the fixed asset system for depreciation on an ongoing basis.
- Prepares annual and probationary evaluations for review and approval by the Controller within month of due date.
- Responsible for the monthly closing of the general ledger per corporate deadlines including A/P, and standard monthly journal entries, their analysis and reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
_Qualifications:_ * Bachelor’s Degree required, Major in Accounting or related field highly preferred * 2-3 years of Senior Accountant experience strongly preferred * 2-3 years of experience in Healthcare Accounting highly desired * Basic computer knowledge and proficient in spreadsheet applications and accounting software required * Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
Job: *Directors & Managers
Title: Assistant Controller
Location: Florida-Okeechobee-Raulerson Hospital - Okeechobee
Requisition ID: 00119-2447