Farmers Insurance Help Desk Analyst I - OKC in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Please note this is a 24x7 support environment. Training will be M-F 8:00 am - 4:45 pm for 6-8 weeks. Due to business needs, we need you to be flexible with the working hours or schedule assigned after training. ** *
We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
Provides phone support for business and IT customers technical problems and service requests; records problem symptoms and information for escalation of the more complex problems to higher level support; maintains knowledge of relevant products and service offerings to provide accurate solutions; acts as representative of technical services to its customers.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides basic help desk support for problems and service requests related to hardware, software, network/mainframe connectivity and application support.
- Acts as representative of technical services to its customers.
- Initiates, escalates or resolves problem tickets and/ or service requests.
- Troubleshoots and resolves technical problems, escalates to support resources.
- Facilitates closure to problem ticket/ service requests while meeting or exceeding defined service level expectations.
- Conducts timely 1st level problem determination for incidents using documented procedures, and accurately documenting the issues using the appropriate toll(s).
- Ensures customer satisfaction by responding to Service Requests through approved channels to the Help Desk in a timely, accurate, and professional manner.
- Records problem symptoms and status information in a timely/accurate fashion using the appropriate tools in order to communicate with and properly utilize 2nd and 3rd level support resources.
- Acquires and maintains current knowledge of relevant product/service offerings and support policies to provide technically accurate solutions to customers.
- Must be able to provide clear, concise, information through written and verbal communications.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent relevant business experience or certifications.
- One year of technical experience or equivalent technical knowledge.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience providing customer and technical support in an enterprise environment through analysis and problem solving to facilitate installation, implementation, maintenance, education, and documentation of a variety of technologies.
Special Skill Requirement
- Helpdesk is a 24 x 7 x 365 operation so weekends, evening and night shifts may be required.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to take part in meetings and discussions and give information about own area of expertise, able to compose memos, simple letters and short texts.
- Able to participate in and facilitate discussions with complex content.
- Composes reports with almost no grammatical errors and can communicate proficiently.
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job: *Information Technology
Organization: *Farmers Insurance
Title: Help Desk Analyst I - OKC
Location: Oklahoma-Oklahoma City
Requisition ID: 190007PM