Farmers Insurance NOC Infrastructure Operations Analyst in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
Provides research and analysis to support strategic, business/operational planning, monitoring and reporting, and technical expertise for their specific business unit.
Essential Job Functions
- Researches information to support specific action plans for functional projects.
- Collaborates on procedures / projects across a function.
- Supplies information and data regarding functional activities and process.
- Performs basic analysis on business metrics.
- Audit against established processes and procedures.
- Triage enterprise level infrastructure events within a complex enterprise IT deployment; Utilize that triage to determine severity and scope of the problem quickly
- Oversight of vendor outage calls to push vendor troubleshooting to resolution
- Run outage calls for internal infrastructure and vendor managed infrastructure
- Work with internal and external support staff to drive resolution on infrastructure systems
- Use multiple tools for monitoring infrastructure systems including server, VDI, network, telecom, etc.
- React to alarms and escalates any and all issues through escalation procedures
- Monitor data center environmental and network systems for alarms and troubleshoot per procedures
- Level 1 and 2 support functions to preemptively fix issues prior to turning into incidents
- Interface with Production Support and System Administration groups
- Research technology to look for innovative tools for use in the Operations space
- Create well written and concise management notifications
- Collect data for reporting and provide useful reports
- Onsite responsibility for Data Center access and activity
- Perform routine physical inspections for alarm identification and operational issues based on building and equipment checklists
- Provide security oversight and administration based on company standards
Preferred Skills and Abilities * Demonstrate a good understanding and ability to follow ITIL standards * Experience setting up monitoring and automation tools a plus * Experience using ticketing and change system such as Service Now * Experience and knowledge of Linux, VMware, IOS, NX-OS, MS Server * Ability to log on to infrastructure components and perform investigation for problem identification * High degree of technical understanding * Demonstrate and in-depth knowledge of system process flows and hardware during troubleshooting * Ability to work with the team to provide support for a 24x7x365 environment * Knowledge of Data Center operations and ability to act as first responder to physical environment * Able to handle multiple tasks, manage priorities, and remain professional at all times * Must have a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail with good organization skills * Ability to handle stressful situations while maintaining service performance * Ability to operate in a fast moving, team-oriented, collaborative environment with tight deadlines * Excellent written and verbal skills * Ability to communicate to people from all levels, from end user to management (business or IT) * Desire to learn and grow within the IT infrastructure field * Technical mind set to learn advanced functions of servers and infrastructure * Demonstrate good troubleshooting methodology * Must have courteous and efficient telephone manner * High attention to detail * Ability to multitask * Willing to work off hour shifts as necessary
Required job duties consists of walking, standing, lifting, moving, and/or carrying up to 50 lbs. of equipment.
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate controlled office environment.
Four year degree or an equivalent combination of experience and relevant professional certifications
- Two years of relevant business and/or general analysis experience:
- Basic certification required (A , Network , Security )
- Advanced certification desirable (RHCT, CCNA, VCP, MTA)
- Scripting experience desirable
Special Skill Requirement
PC skills including use of word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and desktop publishing applications. Able to take part in meetings and discussions and give information about own area of expertise, able to compose memos, simple letters and short texts.
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job: *Information Technology
Organization: *Farmers Insurance
Title: NOC Infrastructure Operations Analyst
Location: Oklahoma-Oklahoma City
Requisition ID: 180002OT