CRST International Business Development Director - Dedicated in Ontario, California
Headquartered in Cedar Rapids, IA, CRST Dedicated excels at provided customized transportation solutions that range from turnkey dedicated contract carriage to complex private fleet conversions. The unique, customized offering from Dedicated Services includes any number of equipment types, ranging from van, solo or teams, to flatbed to bulk containers. In addition to high quality equipment and experienced drivers, Dedicated Services receives the support of the entire CRST International organization to help customers manage fluctuations in business needs.
_Position Description _
The Business Development Director is responsible for developing business relationships with customers and prospects by exploring and winning opportunities with prominent shippers in the United States requiring dedicated contract carriage services. This individual will also be responsible for cultivating dedicated contract carriage leads through cold calling, cultivating relationships and leveraging various marketing channels to drive brand awareness.
- Sell CRST International’s package of transportation services to local and national corporations that seek dedicated contract carriage services through establishing relationships and building credibility with prospects.
- Generate new business opportunities that drive profitable revenue
- Understand customers' supply chain and identify areas of opportunity for CRST
- Ability to develop and articulate a clear customer value proposition
- Serve as the initial and primary point of contact for customers and the company
- Develop targeted lists, call strategies, and messaging to drive opportunities for new business
- Negotiate rates and contracts in CRST's best interest
- Manage customer needs and balance them with the needs of the company
- Develop competitive bid packages for customers
- Achieve/exceed sales goals
- Manage the sales (WIN) process
Ideal candidates will possess the following Leadership Competencies:
- Communicates clearly and concisely to all levels – from front line employees to senior executives
- Motivates others in the tenacious pursuit of financial results
- Supports positive relationships (internally and externally) for the benefit of the organization and inspires others to do the same
- Consistently interacts in a genuine, humble and ethical manner
- Is a driving force in creating a high-energy environment that fosters and rewards team success
- Champions technology solutions to continue to move our business forward
- The ability to delegate responsibility and give others on opportunity to grow and demonstrate results
- Addresses even the toughest conflicts in an open and straightforward manner
- Developing a culture of growth and development of people at all levels, and ensuring that a pool of talent will be ready to succeed him/her in the short or long term
- Takes steps to improve overall bench strength including assessing short term and long term staffing needs
- Demonstrated track record of success in identifying and winning new Dedicated business
- Strong command of the economic drivers of dedicated fleets versus purchased transportation
Qualified candidates possess a four-year college degree and at least 5 years of total Dedicated transportation experience, ideally with at least 3 years within sales. Offers will be subject to pre-employment drug screening, background check and executive assessment testing.
CRST is an EOE
Location: Ontario, CA
Employment duration: Full time