McKesson Patient Care Coordinator in Ontario, Canada
McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. At McKesson Canada, we touch the lives of 12 million Canadians every day. We carry more than 35,000 products in 17 distribution centers and ultimately provide distribution to 6,300 retail pharmacies, 1,350 hospitals, long-term care centers, clinics and institutions all over Canada. But we're so much more than a distribution company. We've automated 2,500 retail pharmacies and dispense over 100 million doses a year through our automation solutions. Manufacturers, healthcare providers and patients count on us for a full range of services that contribute to the quality and safety of care for us all.
At McKesson Canada, you’ll help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
The Patient Care Representative is responsible for facilitating infusion treatments for patients. The Patient Care Representative will be knowledgeable regarding the division’s goals and KPI expectations. Responsibilities for their assigned clinics will include medical directives for patients; ensuring qualified personnel are available during the infusion treatments, confirming that the pharmaceutical and emergency medical supplies are available. Medical therapies will be scheduled as per SLA’s. The Patient Care Representative will provide excellent customer service to all clients including patients, physicians, clinic personnel, and pharmacy representatives.
• Scheduling referred patients for infusions in accordance with the treatment schedules in medical directives established by the prescribing physicians;
• Provide patient and nurse scheduling services off hours (evenings and weekends) as required by the needs of the clinics and INVIVA Management.
• Ensure medical directives have all pertinent information and have been signed by the prescribing physician;
• Ensure that patients are treated in accordance with prescribed medical directives;
• Document tracking log data as per guidelines
• Provide coordination of qualified personnel and physicians to ensure adequate care during patient infusions;
• Support, as required, with reimbursement coordinators and/or pharmacies to determine patient’s reimbursement status prior to scheduling appointments;
• Ensure infusion sites have recommended emergency medications and supplies;
• Provide prescribing physicians with an infusion feedback report within 48 hours of the infusion performed;
• Keep track of the expiry date on medical directives and contact the referring physicians to provide current medical directives;
• Report any adverse event, serious or non-serious, whether or not it is deemed drug related;
• Assist team to ensure a continuum of service provided by all infusion coordinators;
• Ensure an understanding of the divisions KPI and each medical therapy SLA
• Represent INVIVA in meetings, conferences and other business functions.
• Support the generating and reporting of KPIs
• Support the ordering and tracking of clinic supplies
• Support the Nurse Management team in the scheduling of nurses for the clinics
• Support the business and QA team in compliance to QMS by generating and following up on incidents
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office.
• Able to identify key issues; creatively overcome internal challenges or obstacles.
• High level of integrity, confidentially, and accountability.
• Sound planning and execution skills, as well as be able to think on your feet.
• A valid driver’s license to meet travel requirements.
• Working knowledge of business and/or regulatory requirements with respect to this business.
Benefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
No agencies please.
The material contained herein is provided for informational purpose only. All open jobs offered by McKesson Canada on this recruitment system are subject to specific job skill requirements. The job skill requirements, qualifications, and preferred experience are determined by a subsidiary, office or department within the company which is offering the position, and all positions are subject to local prevailing employment laws and restrictions. This would include immigration laws pertaining to work authorization requirements and any other applicable government permissions or compliance.
The materials on this site are provided without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to warranties regarding the completeness of information contained on this site or in any referenced links. While McKesson Canada attempts to update this site on a timely basis, the information is effective only as of the time and date of posting.
By providing your application to McKesson Canada you hereby consent to McKesson Canada obtaining personal information regarding you that is related to the position applied for. You also consent to McKesson Canada transferring your application details to our recruitment partners for their review and assistance. You also consent to McKesson Canada keeping your application on file.
McKesson Canada is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants' needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.
The information on this site is for information purpose only and is not intended to be relied upon with legal consequence.
Organization: McKesson Canada
Title: Patient Care Coordinator
Requisition ID: 18002906