McKesson Pharmacy Caseworker in Ontario, Canada
McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. At McKesson Canada, we touch the lives of 12 million Canadians every day. We carry more than 35,000 products in 17 distribution centers and ultimately provide distribution to 6,300 retail pharmacies, 1,350 hospitals, long-term care centers, clinics and institutions all over Canada. But we're so much more than a distribution company. We've automated 2,500 retail pharmacies and dispense over 100 million doses a year through our automation solutions. Manufacturers, healthcare providers and patients count on us for a full range of services that contribute to the quality and safety of care for us all.
At McKesson Canada, you’ll help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
Under the supervision of a Pharmacist, the Pharmacy Caseworker will assist in various technical tasks, including drug dispensing, computer drug order entry and third party billing. The Pharmacy Caseworker will also be responsible for ordering stock and maintaining inventory levels.
• Set up new patients in Kroll pharmacy software
• Enter and adjudicate prescriptions to 3rd party payers
• Determine insurance payment breakdown
• Prepare and dispense Rx’s according to provincial and Health Canada guidelines
• Ensure prescription meets requirements and communicate with Health Care Professional when necessary
• Conduct 3-way insurance calls
• Follow up on Special Authorizations
• Follow up on manual 3rd party claim submissions
• Coordinate benefits between multiple insurance (3rd party) companies
• Monitor inventory levels and place orders accordingly
• Accounts receivable follow-up (clinics, programs, patients and 3rd party insurance)
• Arrange deliveries to patients (compliance calls) based on delivery schedules
• Troubleshoot 3rd party coverage issues
• Patient follow-up via email/telephone (ensuring that all medical questions are referred to a pharmacist)
• Triage incoming phone calls accordingly
• Participate in inventory counts
• Check pharmacy emails and voicemails
• Secure and process payments
• Develop and maintain professional relationships with health care providers and external contacts
• Other duties as assigned
• Adherence to all relevant guidelines including the established Standard Operating Procedures and all applicable regulatory requirements
• University or College Degree at minimum
• Minimum of 3-5 years in a Pharmacy, hospital or Medical environment
• Available to work on a flexible schedule: hours include a 7.5 hour daily shift between 8am-8pm to meet patient volume
• Must be punctual and committed to work schedules
• Possess superior multitasking abilities, organizational skills and details oriented while being able to prioritize
• Team Player and self-starter/quick learner requiring minimal supervision
• Intermediate Computer skills strong keyboarding skills and basic arithmetic skills required
• Intermediate knowledge of Pharmacy Systems and Software (Kroll) an asset
• Strong listening and communication skills, professional telephone manner, and ability to deal with patients and other Health Care Professionals tactfully, with compassion in a fast paced, ever changing work environment
• Ability to work under pressure and possess problem solving skills
• Ability to find patient answers quickly and accurately while using multiple resources ensuring precision and efficiency
• Advanced understanding of Pharmacy Patient Invoicing through third party
• Knowledge of Provincial and Private Health Care Coverage
• Inventory Management experience in Pharmacy environment
• Able to adjudicate and troubleshoot insurance claims
• Comfortable being able to collaborate and delegate
Benefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
No agencies please.
The material contained herein is provided for informational purpose only. All open jobs offered by McKesson Canada on this recruitment system are subject to specific job skill requirements. The job skill requirements, qualifications, and preferred experience are determined by a subsidiary, office or department within the company which is offering the position, and all positions are subject to local prevailing employment laws and restrictions. This would include immigration laws pertaining to work authorization requirements and any other applicable government permissions or compliance.
The materials on this site are provided without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to warranties regarding the completeness of information contained on this site or in any referenced links. While McKesson Canada attempts to update this site on a timely basis, the information is effective only as of the time and date of posting.
By providing your application to McKesson Canada you hereby consent to McKesson Canada obtaining personal information regarding you that is related to the position applied for. You also consent to McKesson Canada transferring your application details to our recruitment partners for their review and assistance. You also consent to McKesson Canada keeping your application on file.
McKesson Canada is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants' needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.
The information on this site is for information purpose only and is not intended to be relied upon with legal consequence.
Organization: McKesson Canada
Title: Pharmacy Caseworker
Requisition ID: 18001949