HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Laboratory Assistant in Orange Park, Florida
Are you an experienced Laboratory professional looking for your a PRN position with a state-of-the-art-facility in the Jacksonville area offering competitive pay, excellent benefits and a tremendous opportunity for growth?
If so, consider Orange Park Medical Center, committed to quality care and a heightened focus on extraordinary service. Founded in 1974, Orange Park Medical Center has grown from a small community hospital to a top healthcare provider in northeast Florida. We are a full-service, acute-care hospital with 317 inpatient beds located in the heart of Orange Park, providing medical care to Clay County and surrounding communities.
We are searching for a PRN Laboratory Assistant, responsible for handling and prepares pathology tissue and cytology samples for review by the pathologist under the supervision of a Histology Technologist or direction of a laboratory supervisor, manager or director.
*Additional Duties and Responsibilities: *
- Performs duties consistent with written procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrates a general understanding of the theoretical concepts of clinical laboratory medicine.
- Supports the department in achieving department goals for service, quality, regulatory compliance, financial performance, patient satisfaction, healthy work environment, and integration of intra and inter-departmental activities. Qualifications:
- At least 5 years of Histology experience in a high volume setting is preferred
- State of Florida Technician License
- 2 years Associates Degree in Science is required
As a PRN Laboratory Assistant II with Orange Park you’ll enjoy flexible scheduling, excellent compensation and a tremendous opportunity for growth as you’ll be joining one of the largest and most successful hospital organizations – ranked 63 on the Fortune 500 with 165 hospitals and 250,000 employees across the country!
Come join our team of dedicated professionals that are committed to delivering the best patient care in the world. Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Title: Laboratory Assistant
Location: Florida-Orange Park-Orange Park Medical Center
Requisition ID: 26788-7664