HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Maintenance Mechanic IV in Orange Park, Florida
Orange Park Medical Center is a full-service regional tertiary facility serving Clay County and it's surrounding communities. As part of the HCA family, the largest healthcare provider in the world, Orange Park Medical Center provides the opportunity to develop your career along side more than 1,500 team members and 750 physicians on staff. Specializing in advanced robotics, open heart, maternity/delivery, pediatric and adult services and a dozen other major service lines, Orange Park Medical Center is the provider of choice in northeast Florida for patients, staff and physicians alike.
We are searching for a Maintenance Mechanic IV, responsible for General Maintenance repairs within the Facility as well as the maintenance and repair of the Facility's pneumatic tube system and BAS. HE/she will set priorities for all work orders and preventative maintenance and will be proficient in the use of IPADS, computer technology, and Microsoft Office.
1) Individual responds promptly to all calls for emergency repairs. Takes care of any duty assignments that may arise in an emergency situation. Is available for on call. Responds to any hazards and / or emergency situations as the situation requires; maintains universal precautions.
2) Repairs and maintains equipment in a skilled trade area. Diagnosis and repair system malfunctions on all facilities related equipment. Repairs equipment outside of skilled trade area as assigned. Must be available to respond to emergencies (hurricanes, fires, etc. ) and remain until the emergency is over.
3) Schedules and performs preventative maintenance according to procedure. Performs and documents scheduled inspections and safety tests, maintaining code compliance. Performs major overhauls and rebuilds. Maintains equipment at optimum efficiency using accepted procedures.
4) Maintains complete and accurate records of all maintenance and repairs. Maintains record ensuring compliance with TJC, Federal, State and Local regulations and standards. Responsible for keeping current on maintenance logs. Participates in Performance improvement programs. 5) Monitors work performed by outside contractors to insure requirements are met and results are documented properly. Reports any hazardous situations to appropriate personnel. Reports any needed repairs to appropriate personnel. Reports all relevant issues to the supervisor in a timely and accurate manner. 6) Insures that tool cart is locked at all times when not attended. Maintains a clean and safe environment around work area at all times. 7) Is responsible for keeping current on new developments in the area of plant operations. Attends all departmental in-services as scheduled, actively plans and contributes to the department activities as requested. Attends education programs and seminars as needed.
8) Required to train/in-service employees on equipment usage and methods as necessary. Must be able to explain standard operating procedures to other team members. 9) Must have prior extensive knowledge in the use and repair of pneumatic tube systems and building automation systems. 10) Must have a license or certificate from a trades school with ten years’ experience their field
POSITION REQUIREMENTS Required Education: Required License/Certification: Required Experience:
Skilled technical license or certificate required. 5 years commercial/industrial maintenance Preferred Education: Preferred License/Certification: Preferred Experience: Trade school, or licensed tradesman
Prefer 5 years previous hospital experience.
Job: *Facilities Mgmt Plant Ops & Security
Title: Maintenance Mechanic IV
Location: Florida-Orange Park-Orange Park Medical Center
Requisition ID: 01310-9118