HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Maintenance Mechanic in Orange Park, Florida
Description: Is your current role providing you the level of challenge and fulfillment you are looking for? If not, consider Orange Park Medical Center. The core of our values emanates from our continued focus on improving the health and quality of life for residents in the communities we serve. To accomplish this we aim to identify top talent aligned with our values and dedicated to cultivating our mission.
We invite you to learn more about the fantastic opportunity, who we are and how you can join our dynamic team. Orange Park Medical Center is a full-service regional tertiary facility serving Clay County and it's surrounding communities. As part of the HCA family, the largest healthcare provider in the world, Orange Park Medical Center provides the opportunity to develop your career along side more than 1,500 team members and 750 physicians on staff. Specializing in advanced robotics, open heart, maternity/delivery, pediatric and adult services and a dozen other major service lines, Orange Park Medical Center is the provider of choice in northeast Florida for patients, staff and physicians alike. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued?
We’d love to hear from you. Come join our team of dedicated professionals that are committed to delivering the best patient care in the world. Why don't you apply now?
Benefits: We offer you a generous compensation package including: competitive pay, paid time off, 401k, medical, dental vision and life insurance, tuition reimbursement and employee stock purchase plan.
We are searching for a Maintenance Mechanic; full-time, day shift.Under the direct supervision of the Facilities Supervisor, repairs and maintains equipment in area of responsibility to include preventive maintenance, performance inspections and adjustments. Performs other duties as assigned in compliance with the philosophy, goals, policies and procedures of the Engineering Department and Orange Park Medical Center. Responsible for adhering to the HCA Corporate Compliance Plan, to the rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies, and to the standards of all accrediting bodies.
Essential Core Functions:
* Individual responds promptly to all calls for emergency repairs. Takes care of any duty assignments that may arise in an emergency situation. Is available for on call. Responds to any hazards and / or emergency situations as the situation requires; maintains universal precautions.
* Repairs and maintains equipment in a skilled trade area. Diagnosis and repair system malfunctions on all plant equipment. Repairs equipment outside of skilled trade area as assigned. Must be available to respond to emergencies ( hurricanes, fires, etc. ) and remain until the emergency is over.
* Schedules and performs preventative maintenance according to procedure . Performs and documents scheduled inspections and safety tests, maintaining code compliance. Performs major overhauls and rebuilds. Maintains equipment at optimum efficiency using accepted procedures. * Maintains complete and accurate records of all maintenance and repairs. Maintains record ensuring compliance with TJC, Federal, State and Local regulations and standards. Responsible for keeping current on maintenance logs. Participates in Performance improvement programs. * Monitors work performed by outside contractors to insure requirements are met and results are documented properly. Reports any hazardous situations to appropriate personnel. Reports any needed repairs to appropriate personnel. Reports all relevant issues to the supervisor in a timely and accurate manner.
* Insures that tool cart is locked at all times when not attended. Maintains a clean and safe environment around work area at all times. * Is responsible for keeping current on new developments in the area of plant operations. Attends all departmental in-services as scheduled, actively plans and contributes to the department activities as requested. Attends education programs and seminars as needed.
* Required to train/in-service employees on equipment usage and methods as necessary. Must be able to explain standard operating procedures to other team members.
We are so excited to speak with you about this phenomenal opportunity. Apply to hear more. // /We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status./
You should have: * Current valid driver license * CPI within 180 days of hire * Preferred High School diploma, trade school or equivalent * Preferred previous experience in maintenance and repair of plumbing, electrical, carpentry, painting, and air conditioning in a health care facility
Job: *Facilities Mgmt Plant Ops & Security
Title: Maintenance Mechanic
Location: Florida-Orange Park-Orange Park Medical Center
Requisition ID: 01310-8958