Occidental Petroleum Plant Operator – Ramsey/Mentone Gas Processing Plant (WES) in Orla, Texas
Title: Plant Operator – Ramsey/Mentone Gas Processing Plant (WES) Location: United States-Texas-Orla Other Locations:
This position is located in the West Texas Region as a member of the Ramsey Plant Operations team in Orla, TX working for the Midstream Operation.
• Adhere to and enforce all applicable company, state, and federal safety and environmental regulations
• Execute startup, shut down and operating procedures for compressors, furnaces, distillation towers, expanders, electric motors, fans, pumps, instrumentation, valves and alarms
• Analyze flow streams using a gas chromatograph and make necessary process adjustments to maintain product specifications
• Perform minor maintenance of compressors, engines, pumps, controls, piping and valves
• Generate daily production reports including liquid production, downtime and gas volumes
• Test product samples and make adjustments to preserve product quality and proper specifications
• Coordinate and oversee the transfer of liquid products into trucks, pipelines or barges
• Prepare maintenance orders and notify maintenance personnel of problem areas
• Complete assigned reports and logs
• Work outside in variable environmental conditions around heavy equipment
The ideal candidate for this position should possess the following minimum qualifications:
• One year experience working in an oil and gas production facility required
• Basic understanding of oil and gas operations
• Working knowledge of natural gas process equipment
• Computer skills including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook preferred
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Grade and salary will be commensurate with relevant education and experience.
Candidate must possess a valid driver’s license with no restrictions that would prohibit driving a company vehicle.
This position may be eligible for domestic relocation.
The percentage of travel required for this position is 0 – 10%.
This position is on a 12 hour shift schedule and the candidate may be required to work overtime, weekends, and holidays.
Candidate must live within 75 miles of Orla, TX.
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status