Hilton Restaurant Sous Chef, Bull & Bear - Waldorf Astoria Orlando in Orlando, Florida
Experience the #2 TripadvisorOrlando rated, award-winning Bull & Bear restaurant,serving a culinary journey of epic proportions. The restaurant, named Best FineDining by Orlando Home & Leisure, offers a menu of trend-setting fare,including specialties 36-Ounce 28-Day Dry-Aged Tomahawk Rib Eye and Veal Oscar,an innovation of the original Bull & Bear in Manhattan.
We are currently seeking our next Sous Chef . The role will collaborate with the Chef d'Cuisine to ensure food quality, presentation and timeliness of orders. Our team takes immense pride in everything we do. Whether it be plating, creating delicious stocks or charcuterie, meat/fish fabrication, or visiting the dining room to ensure guest satisfaction, we do it all!
The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years of supervisory experience with a high-end, high volume steakhouse/fine dining restaurant.
What will I be doing?
As Sous Chef for Bull & Bear , you would be responsible for leading the culinary production of a designated kitchen in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Lead daily culinary production, to include, but not limited to, preparation and production of meals, food quality and presentation, compliance with all safety and sanitation standards and regulation, team member productivity and performance, cost controls and overall profitability
- Perform general management duties including, but not limited to, systems management, budget and forecasting, report generation, department management and meeting participation and facilitation
- Visually inspect, select and use quality food and beverage products including, but not limited to, fruits, vegetables, meats, fish and spices
- Create and implement new menus and individual food items
- Monitor and develop team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision and professional development, conducting counseling and assisting with evaluations, scheduling and assigning work and delivering recognition and reward
- Recruit, interview and train team members
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Title: Restaurant Sous Chef, Bull & Bear - Waldorf Astoria Orlando
Requisition ID: HOT05SPN