HCA, Hospital Corporation of America CT Technologist in Palatka, Florida
[Putnam Community Medical Center]
Putnam Community Medical Center , a 99-bed, acute care facility, located at 611 Zeagler Dr, in Palatka, provides the latest technology with the assurance of highly trained, caring professionals to the residents of Putnam County. The hospital serves North Central Florida with a full complement of quality healthcare services while maintaining cost-effectiveness.
The hospital provides individualized care directed to the specific needs of each patient. Putnam Community Medical Center offers a 10-bed Intensive/Critical Care Unit, Step-Down Care Unit, Cardiac Cath Lab, medical and surgical units, family birthplace center, and a 24-hour emergency department. We also provide inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services.
- Support PCMC’s hallmarks of service excellence and quality for all job responsibilities.
- Under the general direction of the Operations Manager, Medical Imaging, performs diagnostic C.T. examinations to ensure a quality examinations and perform exams to ensure quality images
- Identifies each patient and review patient’s chart and previous imaging exams for consistency (exam ordered/clinical diagnosis), and records pertinent data on the patient’s requisition.
- Assess patient condition and ensure patient safety through proper use of immobilization and support devices.
- Demonstrate proper response and reliability for “on call” coverage.
- Consistently deliver the best in customer service and patient care. As a team member, demonstrate respect, dignity, kindness and empathy in each encounter with patients, families, visitors and other employees
- Champion PCMC’s mission, vision and values; complies with the policies and procedures, ethical standards and code of conduct set forth by the company
- Always verifies physician orders prior to completing examination.
· After verifying the physician’s orders, performs C.T. examinations according to the patient’s physician.
· Perform invasive procedures according to the established protocol allowing for any special instructions from the Radiologist or patient’s physician.
· Completes tube warm-ups as needed.
- Perform routine radiography according to the procedure manual allowing for any special instructions from the Radiologist or patients physician.
- Perform portable radiography according to the procedure manual allowing for any special instructions from the Radiologist or patients physician.
- Perform fluoroscopy according to the procedure manual allowing for any special instructions from the Radiologist or patients physician.
- Perform special procedures according to the procedure manual allowing for any special instructions from the Radiologist or patients physician.
· At the beginning and end of each shift assure that all supplies are stocked necessary to perform daily schedule.
· Advises supervisor of supplies needed for ordering.
· Always leaves assigned area clean and ready for next shift.
· Always performs venipuncture according to established protocol.
- Documents accurate patient information pertinent to the exam being performed.
- Assures patient comfort and recognizes their needs and concerns during their encounter.
- Performs accurate computer functions.
- Reports any equipment malfunctions immediately.
· Graduate of Radiology Technology program
· Minimum one year hospital experience
Licensure, Certification, and/or Registration:
· Registered in RadiologyandCT Technology
ARRT (R) (CT) or MUST be registered ARRT (CT) within 6 months
· Current Florida State License as a General Radiographer
· BLS to be renewed bi-annually
· Strong communication skills
· Knowledge of ARRT and ACR protocols
· Strong knowledge of ALARA dosage
· Ability to handle stressful situations
· Self starter
Title: CT Technologist
Location: Florida-Palatka-Putnam Community Medical Center
Requisition ID: 26760-1072