HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Community Health Coordinator Full Time Days in Panama City, Florida
Gulf Coast Regional Medical Center is a 216-bed acute care hospital proudly serving Bay County and surrounding communities for 40 years. The hospital was recently named a Joint Commission Top Performer on Key Quality Measures® – heart failure , heart attack , pneumonia, surgical care , and perinatal care – for the fourth consecutive year and has achieved certifications for its stroke and wound care .
Located in Panama City, Florida, its team of more than 450 providers and 1,000 employees work to ensure patients receive the highest quality of care every day. With the area’s only designated Pediatric ER , four-bed Pediatric ICU and 28-bed NICU , the hospital is ready to care for our youngest residents. The hospital has the only Accredited Chest Pain Center with Primary PCI as recognized by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care. Additionally, the hospital’s cancer program is accredited by the Commission on Cancer and the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC). It is also an affiliate of the University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB) Cancer Care Network. These designations enhance the hospital’s quality of care and demonstrate its commitment to higher, measurable standards of care.*POSITION SUMMARY: * The Business Health Educator d evelops and presents programs related to disease management, exercise, preventive screenings and social programs within the community. The Business Health Educator is responsible for organizing and executing employer screenings and other wellness opportunities. By working in conjunction with the Business Health Director and Liaison, the Educator will be familiar with the wellness needs of targeted businesses; know the appropriate hospital resources to fulfill the needs; coordinate hospital teams and supplies to ensure screenings and other educational opportunities are conducted professionally and maximized to meet each hospital’s strategic plan. The Educator will also be familiar with the tracking tool and other resources to document screening participation, outcomes, and follow up. The Educator will be responsible for all of the necessary preparations are completed and communicated prior to a screening or other employer wellness outreach event and will maintain an inventory of supplies and will order when needed. The Educator may also be called upon to provide direct wellness support services to include screening, nursing, consultation, and as a wellness information presenter at employer events. The Educator will also make recommendations on appropriate follow up opportunities with businesses and may be called upon to serve as a resource to employers who want to build or improve upon an existing employee wellness program.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
Minimum of 2 years of community health education required
Experience in the Employer Health field is preferred
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
· Ability to organize health fairs; communicate health and wellness information; create health presentations; recruit staff to participate in health screenings; maintain quality control of screening data and serve as liaison between client and appropriate hospital departments.
· Must possess the ability to interact with and gain the confidence of a wide variety of people in the business community as well as within the various organizational entities.
· Requires excellent oral presentation skills as well as the ability to communicate effectively through written communication.
· Utilizes cost-effective measures and resources.
· Excellent organizational skills.
· Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
· Excellent customer relations.
· Proficiency in mathematical and analytical processes.
· Read/comprehend written and verbal instructions.
· Sufficient t knowledge of Microsoft Office and basic computer/clerical skills.
· Assess, plan, implement and evaluate education programs.
· Handle multiple priorities/multi-tasks.
· Work independently/self-starter/motivated/team player/results oriented.
Job: *Admitting Registration Clerical & Scheduling
Title: Community Health Coordinator Full Time Days
Location: Florida-Panama City-Gulf Coast Regional Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00096-7325