Hilton Group Sales Director in Panama, Panama
The Group-Sales Director will manage both Hilton & Waldorf Astoria Hotels and is responsible of developing the group market segment (s) and solicitation of new customer relationships and accounts while maintaining existing relationships consistently striving to maximize revenue and promote Group Business through effective negotiation of guest room and meeting space rentals, and prices as well as food and beverage services.
What will I be doing?
As of Group Sales Director, you are responsible for working closely with the Director of sales and Senior Management Team to drive group business needs and expand existing business through promotional efforts and sales channels. A Group Sales Director will work to develop the sales group and groom a high-performing sales team. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Coordinate revenue management processes and procedures for hotels to maximize each hotel’s group room’s revenue.
- Manage and maintain groups developing, monitoring and adjusting sales and pricing strategies by analyzing demand factors, forecasting, competitive analysis, and maintaining distribution channel data integrity.
- Work closely with the Senior Management Team to identify and drive focused activities on elements of the business that require additional support
- Prepare company contracts for the hotel in accordance with current business and pricing conditions
- Monitor offers, options and discounts for repeat bookings for groups, congresses and seminars in close cooperation with the Group Coordinator
- Develop the group team through leadership and by example to include sales development; participate in the hiring of team members, and their future success
- Direct and manage the forecasting of group process in conjunction with the Revenue Department to insure accurate, timely and complete information. Compile and/or direct the preparation of reports pertaining to the operation of the Sales Department to include, but not limited to the annual and monthly Forecast, Lead Management System, and Booking Reportsv
- Actively participate and complete the preparation of the annual Sales and Market Plan, quarterly updates, and the complexed hotels' annual Budgets. Execute initiatives as outlined; swiftly implement strategies/tactics to offset changes in markets, economy or driven by the competitive set. Organize and/or attend scheduled group and related meetings
- Produce accurate and timely reports that meet the needs of the hotel and the management company with the DOS.
Prepare and present, on a monthly basis, the contribution, focus and activity of the proactive sales team to the hotel owners and senior management team
Develop and maintain positive relationship with key clients, travel agencies, airlines and commercial accounts, through permanent communication, in order to identify the needs and expectations of current or potential customers.
- Cooperate with other departments in the hotel, particularly Reservations and the Banqueting Department, to create an exceptional Guest experience and build strong, comprehensive sales programs
- Contribute to relevant management meetings to develop and implement sales and marketing initiatives
- Supervise Team Members performance, keep them informed about policies, procedures, planned objectives, vision, mission of the area and budgets, through communication meetings, training and progressive discipline
What are we looking for?
A Group Director of Sales serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Positive attitude and good communication skills
- Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
- Strong leadership skills, whereas it is evident that you can effectively manage and motivate a team to perform beyond expectations
- Strong analytical skills so to understand key business indicators and competitive trends and develop approaches to these challenges
- Excellent selling capabilities and the ability and desire to coach selling techniques to Team Members
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Excellent grooming standards
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Ability to work well under time pressure and/or demanding travel schedules
- Demonstrated previous experience in a Sales role with the proven ability to close a sale
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Knowledge of the local market
- Knowledge of hospitality industry
- A passion for sales and target-based performance
- Relevant degree, in sales, business development or other relevant business field, from an academic institution
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Title: Group Sales Director
Requisition ID: HOT05LTF