Occidental Petroleum Instrument Technician in Pasadena, Texas
Title: Instrument Technician Location: United States-Texas-Pasadena Other Locations:
Contribute. Grow. Lead...with OxyChem. Looking for a challenge? Desire to achieve your true potential? OxyChem is a growing, action-oriented, safety driven chemical manufacturing company continually striving to be the best in the business while staying focused on environmental protection. The secret to our success has and will continue to be our people.
Occidental Chemical Corporation (OxyChem) is a leading North American manufacturer of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resins, chlorine and caustic soda – key building blocks for a variety of indispensable products such as plastics, pharmaceuticals and water treatment chemicals. Other OxyChem products include caustic potash, chlorinated organics, sodium silicates, chlorinated isocyanurates and calcium chloride. OxyChem's market position is among the top three producers in the United States in 2017 for the principal products it manufactures and markets. Based in Dallas, Texas, the company has manufacturing facilities in the U.S., Canada and Latin America.
In a fast-paced industry that demands precision, we create a supportive workplace where the safety and well-being of our employees are paramount. We are committed to rewarding top performers, offering very competitive pay and benefits, and providing tremendous career development opportunities. We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated individual to fill the position of Instrument Technician with our Manufacturing Facility located in Pasadena, Texas.
• Maintain protection of the environment and the health and safety of our employees, customers, and the communities in which we operate and/or transport our products, as our highest priority.
• Support the Process Safety and Risk Management goals and objectives.
• Participate in site-wide Process Safety and Risk Reduction activities as requested. Look for opportunities to be the 'fresh set of eyes' in this area.
• Actively participate in plant wide training to support quality and safety needs including ISO, OSHA VPP.
• Provide attention to detail, and dedication to work in order to ensure reliability of the work site as well as high quality product.
• Ensure that you and others are respected, supported and encouraged to grow and succeed in their job.
• Install, maintain, inspect, troubleshoot, repair and perform preventative maintenance on all plant instrumentation, control systems, analyzers and electrical equipment.
• Responsible for prompt and accurate diagnosis of minor problems and the implementation of corrective action.
• Consult directly with equipment vendors on problems for resolution as necessary.
• Set up and operate limited types of shop tools and specialized test, measuring equipment and hand tools utilized in any phase of machine installation or maintenance.
• Conduct evaluation tests on valves, motors, instruments, etc.
• Must be proficient in troubleshooting 120 volt AC controls.
• Research specifications for materials, testing and repair of instrumentation and electrical equipment.
• High School Education or GED required.
• Five (5) years process instrumentation/electrical maintenance experience in industry OR two (2) years maintenance experience in industry and Associates Degree in Instrumentation or Electrical Technology
• Must be proficient in troubleshooting using loop drawing, schematics, ladder logic, electrical one-line, and P&I drawings.
• Proficient in maintaining process control loops, electronic controls, valves, and transmitters.
• This position requires proof of the NCCER certification prior to employment (instrumentation preferred).
• High proficiency in Microsoft applications (such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), and a good working knowledge of SAP.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Able to work overtime, weekends and holidays as needed to maintain a 24/7 operating plant.
• Ability to read, speak, and write English.
• Valid driver’s license required.
• Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
• Physical requirements – Must be able to lift 40 lbs., climb ladders and stairs. Walking, bending, stooping is required. Must be able to wear personal protective equipment including the use of a respirator. Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms.
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Individual with Disability / Veteran Status