Occidental Petroleum Equipment Materials Coordinator in Pecos, Texas
Title: Equipment Materials Coordinator Location: United States-Texas-Pecos Other Locations:
Occidental Petroleum Corporation is an international oil and gas exploration and production company with a subsidiary (OxyChem) that is a major North American chemical manufacturer. As one of the largest oil and gas companies in the U.S., we continually strive to be one of the best in the business. Our greatest asset has been, and will continue to be, our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Equipment Coordinator within our Permian Resources Texas business unit based in Pecos, Texas.
Positions based in Pecos are eligible to participate in the Location Incentive Program, designed to compensate employees physically working in our high activity areas, in addition to an employee’s current base pay.
The successful candidate for this position will be responsible for timely delivery of equipment and materials in order to meet time to market (TTM) for new wells.. This will include working with integrated planning/supply chain on the demand plan equipment outlook, order requests, staging and delivery. Will help with development, updating and maintenance of the project bill of material (BOM). Will manage and coordinate the material ordering, tracking, delivery and staging of the material being purchased using a project BOM. This position will support the Permian Resources Texas Facilities & Construction group.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Point person between integrated planning/supply chain, facilities & construction group, and vendors to coordinate demand plan material/equipment ordering and delivery.
• Schedule delivery as needed by the Construction Specialist in the field.
• Receive and coordinate staging of demand plan material/equipment in the Pecos area.
• Assist in development, updating and maintenance of the project bill of material (BOM).
• Manage tracking of equipment and material ordered for TX F&C projects.
• Identify issues acquiring material/equipment such as limited manufactured volumes or high demand for a particular product. Share information with management and Integrated Planning/Supply Chain in order to help eliminate project delays.
• Material management of long lead items.
• Assist and manage post project material disposal and return to vendor activities.
• Evaluate resource availability for Facilities & Construction projects.
• Reprioritize work with stakeholders such as Construction Specialist and Superintendent based on resource constraints or existing resources.
High school diploma or GED equivalent plus related experience. Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management preferred.
5 or more years of industry related experience.
Skills & Competencies:
• Resource scheduling
• Project management
• Knowledge of regulatory requirements
• Knowledge of Oxy best practices/standards
• Proficient in Microsoft suites and other computer software
• Adapts to change and ambiguity
• Ability to attention to detail
• Team oriented
• Ability to multi task
• Excellent communication skills
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status