HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse (RN) M/S Float Pool Nights in Pensacola, Florida
West Florida Hospitalis the only area hospital to earn an "A" rating in patient safety on the Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade scale as well as the only Atrial Fibrillation Certified hospital.
WFH has also been honored as a Truven Top 100 Hospital and just recently received their Joint Commission Sepsis accreditation.
The West Florida Healthcare campus includes the all private room acute care hospital, a mental health facility, and the area's only CARF-accredited, comprehensive physical rehabilitation hospital.
Additionally, WFH was the area's first Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI and Breast Imaging Center of Excellence. We are also an Advanced Primary Stroke Center.
Affiliated with HCA, the nation’s leading provider of healthcare, West Florida Healthcare offers major services in cardiology/cardiovascular surgery, oncology, neurology/neurosurgery, orthopedics, emergency care, behavioral health, obstetrics, rehabilitative medicine and many other medical specialties.
Current license as an RN
Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider
Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
1 Years of experience as a RN in an Acute Care setting
Customer service abilities including effective listening skills. Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
The Medical/Surgical Float Pool RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Carries out physician orders and assesses plans to administer patient care
- Utilizing computerized documentation systems and monitors vital signs
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate
- Administers medications, changes dressings, and cleans wounds
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for patient care
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment
- Coordinates discharge planning needs with members as needed
- Instructs and educates patients and families
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care
- Orients and mentors new staff members
- Must float to other departments
Night Shift Differential
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Registered Nurse (RN) M/S Float Pool Nights
Location: Florida-Pensacola-West Florida Hospital
Requisition ID: 00060-7944