Hilton Conference & Event Sales Executive in Perth, Australia
We are seeking an enthusiastic and dynamic Conference & Event Sales Executiveto join us at DoubleTree by Hilton Perth Northbridge.This new property is the first of its brand in Western Australia and the first new build DoubleTree in Australasia.
Join Hilton and you'll have more than just a job, you'll have an exciting career and be part of a community who are passionate about hospitality! At our core, we are a business of people serving people. DoubleTree by Hilton is an honoured member of Hilton’s portfolio, and is united in Hilton’s mission to be the world’s most hospitable company by positively impacting the lives of our guests, team members, owners, and the communities in which work and live!
About the Role
As our Conference & Event Sales Executive, you will be the warm and welcoming face that promotes and sells conference and events from initial enquiry through to contracting.You will do this through:
- Epitomising hospitality in each and every interaction, you’ll handle all incoming groups, conference and event leads with warmth and professionalism,
- You'll build strong trusting relationships with your clients and be able to turntheir creative ideas into reality,
- Actively promote the hotel’s facilities to clients, conduct tours of inspection and attend networking functions as required,
- You’ll take ownership of delivering on our client’s needs, and liaise with the broader team to make sure that every detail is taken care of and every box ticked to ensure seamless delivery,
- Work as part of our committed commercial team to increase revenue and drive demand,
- Be goal driven and aware of the key revenue targets and focus all sales opportunities to the achievement these goals,
- You'll reach your targets by demonstrating to your clients that we are the best in the business and converting those initial enquiries into actual bookings.
- Additionally, you’ll work with the commercial team on the coordination, administration and delivery of hotel events, conferences and groups accommodation as required.
What are we looking for?
To be our Conference & Event Sales Executive you’ll be passionate about customer service and sales, innovative, a consummate professional and will meet the following criteria:
- Experience in a sales, events and/or customer service role within a hotel environment,
- Hold a tertiary qualifications or certificate in business, events, hotel management or a related field, or, have equivalent experience within industry,
- Able to take management direction and works well with a team to achieve goals,
- Demonstrated success in working with and achievement of sales or service targets,
- Strong administration and communication skills, and
- The ability to work on a full time basis from mid October 2018 (approximate start date).
What will it be like to work for DoubleTree by Hilton?
Our team are responsible for living up to the DoubleTree brand essence, to be Simply Welcoming . Our DoubleTree Icon, the warm cookie on arrival is just that, Simply Welcoming and a reminder of the comforts of home. Our culture of Creating a Rewarding Experience (CARE) binds our team together in their passion to make a difference to the stay of all of our guests.
As a DoubleTree by team member, you can expect to receive:
- A competitive industry salary and generous annual leave benefits,
- Team member only discount on global Hilton room rates worldwide and generous discounts on food and beverage,
- Long term career development planning and opportunities, and
- An investment in your well-being to include flexible working arrangements that support you in making space for what matters most.
Title: Conference & Event Sales Executive
Requisition ID: HOT05IMM