Hilton Food & Beverage Duty Manager in Perth, Australia
Join Hilton and you'll have more than just a job, you'll have an exciting career and be part of a community who are passionate about hospitality! At our core, we are a business of people serving people. DoubleTree by Hilton is an honoured member of Hilton’s portfolio, and is united in Hilton’s mission to be the world’s most hospitable company by positively impacting the lives of our guests, team members, owners, and the communities in which work and live!
What will I be doing?
In food and beverage we strive to deliver exceptional guest experiences by tailoring our approach to each guest’s needs and ensuring that our team brings hospitality to life in their interactions. As a Food & Beverage Duty Manager you will work closely with our senior management team to supervise the operation and team within of our food and beverage outlets: restaurant, bar, executive lounge and in-room dining. You will:
- Lead by example; champion exceptional hospitality and ensure that it is part of everything we do,
- You’ll be hands on, getting involved in the day-to-day service elements of food & beverage: opening & closing, ordering stock, assisting with rosters, overseeing preparation & service, handling cash and maintaining equipment to ensure our outlet operations run smoothly,
- Assist management to train and develop the food and beverage team members, and provide the necessary support and guidance for our team to thrive in their roles,
- Be driven and innovative; inspire the team to achieve key targets, and to continuously look at ways to improve the service we provide,
- Ensure all shift team members are briefed on key happenings, special requests, and any potential issues before they arise,
- Assist the team in solving any guest issues or complaints, encouraging your team to use their initiative and our empowerment guidelines, and
- Ensure that you, and your shift team members conduct themselves in a manner consistent with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety practices,
- Be environmentally aware and look for ways to lessen our environmental impact within food & beverage and the broader hotel, and
- Demonstrate excellent team work by collaborating with other departments to ensure seamless service delivery.
What are we looking for?
To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Previous experience within a multifaceted food & beverage supervisory role; ideally within a hotel environment,
- Hold a qualifications in business, hotel management, tourism or a related field or have equivalent experience within industry,
- Flexibility to work shifts, inclusive of week days, weekends, public holidays, nights and early morning starts,
- Able to take management direction and works well with a team to achieve goals,
- Demonstrated success in working with and achievement of service targets,
- Strong administration and communication skills, and
- Unrestricted Australian working rights not limited to less than 12 months.
What will it be like to work for DoubleTree?
DoubleTree by Hilton Perth Northbridge is an exciting and modern new property in the heart of Perth’s cultural and entertainment hub. This full service hotel has 206 rooms, and is set to bring style and comfort to Northbridge. This stunning new property is the first of its brand in Western Australia and the first new build DoubleTree in Australasia.
Our team are responsible for living up to the DoubleTree brand essence, to be Simply Welcoming. Our DoubleTree Icon, the warm cookie on arrival is just that, Simply Welcoming and a reminder of the comforts of home. Our culture of Creating A Rewarding Experience (CARE) binds our team together in their passion to make a difference to the stay of all of our guests.
As a DoubleTree Food & Beverage Duty Manager, you can expect to receive:
- A competitive industry salary and generous annual leave benefits,
- Team member discounts on global Hilton Worldwide room rates and generous discounts on Food and Beverage,
- Long term career development planning and opportunities, and
- An investment in your well being to include flexible working arrangements that support you in making space for what matters most.
Job: Food and Beverage
Title: Food & Beverage Duty Manager
Requisition ID: HOT05JY5