Comcast Absence Management Specialist in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for projects and ongoing initiatives that support disability/leave programs, systems, and process to address the business needs for our divisions and Sedgwick partners. Responsible for cultivating and maintaining a collaborative relationship with Comcast Divisions, Sedgwick and other stakeholders, to ensure the success of the day-to-day activities of Comcast's Disability/Leave of Absence administration. Facilitates knowledge sharing and effectively communicates process changes to COEs, stakeholders and vendor partners and supports ongoing return to work strategies. Assists with improving workflows and identifying automation efficiency. Serves as a point of contact for accommodation, disability process and leave related questions and concerns. Works with moderate guidance on own area of knowledge.
- Performs as the primary point-of-contact for the division's stakeholders, including local HR and Sedgwick providing decision confirmations on accommodations.
- Effectively "represent" Sedgwick with the divisions as required to facilitate the success of the relationship.
- Assesses and determines outcomes for accommodation recommendations by vendor.
- Collaborates with Absence Management Team, Compliance Review Committee, Talent Acquisition, Legal and other COEs on escalated cases as needed.
- Monitors trends in divisional utilization of disability/LOA program benefits and provides input for plan and policy changes and/or improvement.
- Supports accommodation activities which require Comcast support, including, employee terminations where accommodations cannot be reached and job search activities.
- Consults with and advises divisional points-of-contact and Human Resources Managers on disability, leave of absence, accommodations and policy changes. Reviews and interprets policy and provides guidance on issues.
- Supports Absence Management Team on implementation of process improvements and in producing periodic presentations, reports and other materials.
- Facilitates knowledge sharing and effectively communicates process changes to COEs, stakeholders and vendor partners and supports ongoing return to work strategies.
- Partner with Absence Management Team to impact overall effectiveness of Sedgwick's service delivery.
- Responsible for projects and ongoing initiatives that support disability/leave programs, systems, and process to address the business needs for our divisions.
- Coordinates activities which require divisional support to ensure timely processing of activities by Sedgwick.
- Stays up-to-date on benefits laws and regulations, such as FML, Short & Long term disability and ADAAA (Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act).
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent.
- Generally requires 2 5 years of relevant experience in Disability, Leave Administration and/or Human Resources.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer