Comcast Analyst 2, Business Intelligence in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
The ideal candidate is a business intelligence rock star who has a proven record of creating reports & analytics with minimal requirements that help drive effective decisions. The individual works cross-functionally to identify/collect data and makes actionable recommendations at all levels. Infers trends from a variety of data sources and confidently delivers their interpretation; makes recommendations to executives. Works with minimal guidance in own area of knowledge.
- Takes business intelligence to the next level to support business & technical decisions.
- Creates reports that highlight trends & insights for budget, resourcing & platform KPIs.
- Customizes business intelligence report contents and views using Excel, Access, Tableau, JIRA, Rally and other tools to meet the requirements of internal customers.
- Works with the team and customers to define business requirements, identify data sources, resolve technical issues, and provide training for individuals to run reports on their own, as applicable.
- Interfaces with other departments to leverage data for their respective business needs.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
- At least 2 years' of experience in business intelligence, analytics or data science.
- Strong technical experience in Tableau and Microsoft Office tools (Access, Excel).
- Experience with the big data tools (Splunk, Hadoop, Elasticsearch) is preferred.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer