Comcast Analyst, AP Business Process in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for the supporting the day to day operations of Account's Payable's EDI and web based procure to pay programs. Including the implementation and mapping of EDI transaction sets and integration with Comcast's applications. Provide specialized or general analysis in support of program operations and support the design, development and testing of program enhancements.
- Reconcile all program transactions and resolve discrepancies
- Identify program issues, analyze potential solutions and recommend steps for implementation
- Update and review end user and admin documentation for all supported applications.
- Support new supplier implementations and maintenance
- Review proposals, including gathering facts, analyzing data, and preparing project overview which compares alternatives in terms of cost, time, etc. Recommends course of action.
- Identifies and assesses probable interactions of related systems and processes and predicts impact of program changes.
- Ensures data quality and integrity within program transactions and validation logic.
- Supports program upgrades, ongoing maintenance and testing
- Acts as Divisional P-card Administrator, processing new applications, changing forms, and emergency increases. Assists the Manager with audits.
- Prepares, records, verifies, and analyzes and Accounts Payable transactions. Maintains bill code tables and resolves errors; obtains proper approvals for payment of EDI transactions.
- Reviews the preparation of various financial statements, records, and reports compiled by lower level Accounting support personnel. Assists Corporate office with workflow analysis and error resolution for electronic invoicing.
- Analyzes and reconciles various accounts by researching and identifying errors in postings and omissions in completing individual transactions.
- Generates and prepares various scheduled and special reports, and participates in special projects relating to the activities of the unit.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Accounting, Business, Information Systems or Computer Science preferred
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
- Working knowledge of Oracle or other large ERP system
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer