Comcast Business Analyst, Absence Management in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for analyzing and evaluating operational performance metrics and resources to support ADA compliance, disability and leave of absence activities of Comcast's Disability/LOA administration outsourcing partner, Sedgwick. Maps metrics against the Company's operational plans and tactical/strategic goals to ensure alignment and focus. Creates and facilitates reporting and analysis to evaluate operational initiatives and drive operational efficiencies. Develops and maintains standard reporting measures, quantitative explanation of relevant data, and ongoing analysis of alternatives and solutions. Quantitatively evaluates and recommends action plans, based on all operational reporting and analysis, in order to enhance the customer experience and drive operational efficiencies. May provide financial reporting, revenue analysis support, discount monitoring, promotional modeling, and subscriber reporting issue resolution to various departments within the company. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline. Acts as resource for colleagues with less experience or knowledge in subject matter.
- Provides analytical support of actual results reported by Sedgwick against Comcast's leave of absence divisional and company goals.
- Identifies issues, analyzes available data and information and recommends changes to leadership team.
- Creates and maintains multiple operational reporting tools.
- Consolidates data reports and delivers to help drive data-based strategic decision making.
- Assists Sedgwick staff as required with complex data research or adjustments.
- Documents new system enhancements and/or process improvement requirements.
- Validates data, daily, through cooperation from team members and Sedgwick staff, and regularly spot checks.
- Knowledgeable in Database Design
- Ability to Interact with Business users and understanding their requirements
- Ability to analyze problems and recommends solutions
- Responsible for creating opportunities to integrate various databases and datasets.
- Ability to Design, develop and support Tableau Dashboards and Reports
- Responsible for Tableau administration, configuration, and maintenance including upgrades
- Ability to set up Tableau Server, Tableau Desktop and Tableau user groups
- Perform report/dashboard design, specification development, program logic, flow charting, testing debugging and documentation
- Ability to recommend visualization and dashboard features for a given solution
- Ability to review, determine and implement database performance optimizations
- Able to use MS Office products (MS ACCESS, MS EXCEL) as a Reporting Source
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Position resides in Philadelphia, PA.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 5-7 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer