AmeriHealth Caritas Business Analyst Senior in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Business Analyst Senior
Your career starts now. We’re looking for the next generation of health care leaders.
At AmeriHealth Caritas, we’re passionate about helping people get care, stay well and build healthy communities. As one of the nation's leaders in health care solutions, we offer our associates the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people through our national footprint of products, services and award-winning programs. AmeriHealth Caritas is seeking talented, passionate individuals to join our team. Together we can build healthier communities. If you want to make a difference, we’d like to hear from you.
Headquartered in Philadelphia, AmeriHealth Caritas is a mission-driven organization with more than 30 years of experience. We deliver comprehensive, outcomes-driven care to those who need it most. We offer integrated managed care products, pharmaceutical benefit management and specialty pharmacy services, behavioral health services, and other administrative services. Discover more about us at www.amerihealthcaritas.com.
Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to complex business issues, and is regarded as a subject matter expert. Frequently contributes to the development of new ideas and methods. Works on complex problems/projects where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors. Exercises significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives. Leads and provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives. May provide mentoring and guidance to lower level associates. Acts as expert providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies. Can represent the organization to external clients.
Through self-directed activities act as a liaison between client, technical and other project groups using superior communication skills to elicit, document, analyze and validate requirements. Apply industry-specific expertise to recommend and coordinate the development, enhancement, and maintenance of a client’s business systems, processes, and products using high-maturity methods, processes and tools. Combine industry expertise with a thorough understanding of information technology and processes to develop innovative business solutions. Influence the strategic direction of clients. Lead analysis teams on large projects. Lead requirements management and change management processes. Direct development of visualization and user experience elements of solution design. Develop and maintain internal and external relationships to manage scope, schedule, budgets and expectations. Lead business studies and present study results to team, client senior management. Leverage industry knowledge and client relationships to assess the business implications of project impact to current and future business environment to identify new business opportunities. Promote and direct process improvement activities and training of peers and clients.
- Assigns work to others.
- Leadership of BA resources assigned to project.
- Provide time/ resource estimates for assigned projects.
- May develop innovative solutions to complex business and technology problems.
- Leads analysis team to define requirements and design innovative solutions to complex business and technology problems.
- Facilitates requirements gathering workshops.
- At least seven years of related experience in requirements elicitation via interviewing and workshop facilitation.
- Requirements determination using structured techniques for documentation, analysis, evaluation/validation.
- Decom position of high-level information into details.
- Distinguishing requests vs needs and distinguishing requirements vs solutions.
- Classifying/ prioritizing requirements.
- Ensures consistent understanding across users, designers and testers.
- Business process modeling of current state and desired/future state processes.
- Defining and managing scope and client expectations, requirements change management and traceability.
- Identifying and mitigating risks.
- Applying creativity/ innovation to solving complex problems.
- Building relationships and working collaboratively.
- Developing and communicating a vision for project/ system.
- Providing thought leadership; mentoring; effective verbal/written communications; preparing and delivering effective presentations.
- Experience in one or more industry domains.
- Other: function Point counting; survey design and execution; statistical analysis; developing structures user manuals and training; business rules modeling; develop and execute acceptance test plans.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled