Comcast Business Data Architect in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
This person will be responsible for analyzing and identifying data issues across current state applications, identify root causes leading to data consistency. The candidate will define and execute on migration plans from current to future state systems, and ensure that the data model defined in the future state applications is complete and consistent, meet the current needs as well as scalable for the future. This person will ensure development and configuration of product, customer and overall governance of data in concert with process owners and governance councils across mid-market and enterprise business. This individual will provide product direction and input to the requirements definition of the product specifications and components. Partners with Solution Architects to ensure a complete solution exists representing both the business need, technology design and expected outputs. The manager is expected to be the Subject Matter Expert on product setup and configuration for all commercial products and services for Enterprise services.
- Document and recommend the approach to the system implementation of the product solution which includes:
- Elaboration of the business need related to data flow, data quality management, master data and identification of data related issues
- Identify data issues in current systems, identify root cause and plans to address them
- Work with operations and software development teams to address data issues in current state and future state systems
- Performs mapping exercise between current and future state systems and defines business rules for transformation of
- Define and execute on data migration plans to enable MES to move from legacy systems to future state solutions
- Manage the internal customer experience as it relates to product configuration and Sales, quote and Order process.
- High-level assessment of Product Business impacts across business domains, and inflight/backlog projects
- Designs new methods and best practices for analysis and presentation of comparative data.
- Vets recommendations to determine viable options and provides business case to management.
- Serves as a team leader or on cross-functional teams
- Leads discussions and presentations of results, recommendations, and business insights to broader senior leadership team.
- Performs in depth research on root cause of data anomalies that are uncovered through normal course of analysis.
- Produces an often complex collection of reports, graphs, summaries and presentations that convey analytic results and align with business needs.
- Collaborates with both the analytic organization and its technology partners to define and publish complex data products.
- Provides training to and acts as technical resource for team members.
- Acts as a subject matter expert in data generated and used in multiple subject areas such as sales, call center, network operation, and financial data.
- Writes complex SQL to query large data platforms such as Teradata, SQL server, Oracle and Hadoop to obtain data necessary for analysis. Combines data as needed from disparate data sources to complete analysis.
- Identify product model optimization opportunities and efficiency improvements
- Assist with defining the expected outputs or measureable gains from product updates/changes
- Alignment of strategy to business need and proposed product solution
- Assist with scope definition for data cleanup, transformation and migration
- Oversight of project from inception through deployment
- Collaborates with Product Delivery team to define strategy and product roadmap
- Develops scalable processes solutions to support and benefit the Company's architecture vision
- Interacts closely with matrixed cross-functional teams (both field and corporate) in order to secure alignment.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information management, Information data systems or equivalent
- MBA preferred
Years of Experience
- Generally requires 6-9 years of related experience in data and application analysis, process analysis, data modeling or data architecture
- Experience working in Telecom, cable highly preferred
- Experience with product catalogs, BSS and OSS systems highly preferred
- Proven track record driving alignment at different levels of the organization including senior leadership.
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to effectively manage large projects- prioritization, planning and task delegation.
- Experience in planning, team building and delivering on large data migration projects
- Experience in process, data analysis, data mapping, data modeling, ETL tools and reporting
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically to solve problems with good attention to detail
- Must be resourceful and able to work independently
- Demonstrable experience managing the work product of a team of resources.
- Track record of taking ownership and driving results.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills; strong writing and presentation skills.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer