Comcast Business Process Mnmgt Analyst Intern in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
The Comcast Center Internship Program (CCIP) is an internship program based at our headquarters in Philadelphia, PA The program is designed to identify high-caliber talent to build our organization with the best and the brightest students who come from a variety of sourcing channels, including on-campus career fairs, partner organizations, and direct applications. In this role you will immerse yourself into the Comcast culture, working side by side with innovative and talented Comcasters. You will cultivate meaningful relationships and develop strong interpersonal and business skills that will set you apart from your peers. As an intern in the program, you would expect to work a 30-40 hour/week schedule.
Additionally, your experience will include:
- Engagement: Working on creative, innovative, and thought-provoking projects within various business units at Comcast during your cooperative experience
- Exposure: An inside look into the day-to-day operations of an organization at the cutting edge of media and technology.
- Professional development: You will be exposed to a variety of professional development topics facilitated through our partners at Comcast University and senior leaders within the organization. These sessions are inclusive of speaker series, skill-building workshops, and networking opportunities.
- Mentorship: Mentoring from fellow colleagues through the Empowering Future Leaders Program (EFLP) to help you navigate your experience, provide coaching, and expand your professional network.
- Fun: Continuously develop relationships with fellow interns through social activities, community building, and networking.
Business Project Management is a team within the Xfinity Mobile organization that has been tasked with creating a blueprint to better understand our business transactions. They work to quantify the impacts of process & policy on the operation and the customer experience. Documenting, implementing & measuring with intent of eliminating guesswork & knowing what is working as designed. The team consists of three functions-process development, policy development & data monitoring/visualization. This position will work with the policy team and support development & documentation of new policy as well as governance our existing body of policy. This role will interface with a variety of teams, including, Product, Finance, Care, Customer Experience & Legal. The ideal candidate for this role will be able to consistently exercise independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance and regular, consistent and punctual attendance is expected.
- Participate in the analysis and design of existing and new business processes & policy that span multiple areas of the organization, including Customer Operations, Sales Operations, Marketing, Training, Finance and Legal
- Develop scalable processes to support and benefit the Company's architecture vision
- Understand and support technical concepts and metrics to facilitate process development
- Collaborate with the data analysis team to define success metrics for each new system or process and establishes a plan to track, monitor, and measure the success of those metrics
- Support implementation for policy change
- Complete assessments of business processes and documents each of the following areas: policy development, problem statements, process flows, gap analyses, and solution recommendations
- Assist in defining repeatable, and thus scalable, plans and processes in order to speed time to market and improve operational efficiency
- Interact closely with matrixed cross-functional teams (both field and corporate) in order to secure alignment
- Diagnose, correct, and document issues, risks, and problems using Quality Assurance (QA) practices
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Currently enrolled and pursuing a Bachelor's degree from a United States-based college or university with the Grad year of 2020 or 2021 (Sophomores and Juniors).
- Major: Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Business & Engineering, Entrepreneurship, Finance, International Business, Operations Management, Management Informations System, Marketing, and Sports Management
- Minimum GPA: 3.2
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, required
- Requirement Development Experience
- Exposure to process improvement philosophies
- Experience with performance metrics or statistical analysis
- Experience with Process Modeling Software (ie. Signavio)
- Must have excellent time management and verbal/written communication skills
- Must have great attention to detail and organizational skills
- Must have ability to interface with all levels of management
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends (when necessary)
- Willingness to learn and work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interest in the telecommunications, cable and media industries
- Ability to work on a team
- Authorized to work in the United States of America
- Comcast is an Affirmative Action/EEO employer M/F/D/V
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer