AmeriHealth Caritas Capacity & Performance Engineer Lead in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Capacity & Performance Engineer Lead
Your career starts now. We’re looking for the next generation of health care leaders.
At AmeriHealth Caritas, we’re passionate about helping people get care, stay well and build healthy communities. As one of the nation's leaders in health care solutions, we offer our associates the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people through our national footprint of products, services and award-winning programs. AmeriHealth Caritas is seeking talented, passionate individuals to join our team. Together we can build healthier communities. If you want to make a difference, we’d like to hear from you.
Headquartered in Philadelphia, AmeriHealth Caritas is a mission-driven organization with more than 30 years of experience. We deliver comprehensive, outcomes-driven care to those who need it most. We offer integrated managed care products, pharmaceutical benefit management and specialty pharmacy services, behavioral health services, and other administrative services. Discover more about us at www.amerihealthcaritas.com.
The Capacity and Performance Lead Engineer will work along our engineering, architecture and application teams to ensure that our platforms grow ahead of demand and delivers the best performing experience possible for our customers. Designs performance monitoring and management program. Instrument, maintain, and upgrade performance monitoring and metric systems, including Solarwinds, NetScout, vRealize, SAS, and other tools as required. Requires working knowledge of Linux (Red Hat Preferred,) Windows, Databases (SQL, Oracle, Sybase).
- Implement a component performance tracking program to keep an eye on performance for each layer of our stack. Pair up with application and engineering teams to take a deep dive into priority performance issues, contribute directly to improving the daily customer experience for our enterprise users. Identify new ways for us to track key metrics that allow for better future analysis. Work with operations teams to address performance issues and gain application efficiency.
- Maintain a capacity modeling program, working with each team to develop metrics and a relational model to predict future needs. Forecast future platform growth needs for core platform services. Participate in ongoing analysis of platform efficiency metrics to support better scalability as well as operating effectiveness.
- Run capacity and performance models to find potential improvements to our services.
- Ability to communicate effectively to business, application owners and senior leadership. Capable to effectively explain and articulate analytical capacity models and forecasts, and performance analysis.
- Ten or more years of experience in IS Capacity Management.
- An analytical approach to solving problems.
- Experience identifying metrics and building models to drive decisions.
- A broad computer science background enabling you to analyze software, hardware, and network systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working with Analytical tools such as SAS or NorthCraft, Tableau, Excel Power Pivot. And any industry standard monitoring tools such as SolarWinds, NetScout, vRealize, vCenter, Linux (Red Hat Preferred,) Windows. Good Understanding of Databases (SQL, Oracle, Sybase).
- Bachelor’s Degree.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled