Comcast Channel Strategy MBA Intern in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
The Comcast MBA Internship Program is an 11-week summer internship program designed to identify high-caliber talent to build our organization with the best and the brightest students. In this program you will immerse yourself into the Comcast culture, working side by side with innovative and talented Comcasters. You will cultivate meaningful relationships and develop strong interpersonal and business skills that will set you apart from your peers.
Additionally, your experience will include:
- Exposure: An inside look into the day-to-day operations of an organization at the cutting edge of media and technology.
- Professional Development: Exposure to a variety of professional development topics facilitated through our University Relations team and with senior leaders within the organization. These sessions include speaker series and networking opportunities.
- Mentorship: Mentoring from fellow colleagues through the Empowering Future Leaders Program (EFLP) to help you navigate your experience, provide coaching, and expand your professional network.
- Fun: Continuously develop relationships with fellow interns through social activities, community building, and networking.
Within Sales & Marketing, there is an initiative underway to define a strategy and transformation plan for our largest sales channel in the residential business. The goal of the new strategy is to determine what our sales contact centers should look like in 3-5 years, including the value proposition, target customers, customer experience, customer journey, role of agents, and role of technology. The strategy is being developed with consideration for several current trends, including growing competition, changing customer needs, and emerging technology. (e.g., artificial intelligence, cognitive, etc.)
The MBA intern will play a role in supporting the strategy and transformation by owning one or more initiatives that are part of the broader transformation plan. The intern will conduct analysis, gather input from stakeholders, make recommendations, define the future state, and develop an implementation plan.
Specific responsibilities to include:
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis related to the channel strategy. The analysis will focus on demonstrating the business case or evaluating options for a specific initiative
- Make recommendations about the future state of the channel. The intern will present the recommendations to Channel Strategy leaders
- Plan and facilitate cross-functional meetings to conduct research, assess options, and socialize recommendations
- Develop implementation plan for execution of one or more strategic initiatives
- Currently pursuing a full-time MBA with intended graduation between December 2018-May 2019
- 5 years of relevant work experience in a dynamic environment (e.g. entrepreneur, consulting, military, etc.)
- Must have excellent time management, organizational and communication skills
- Self-starter with ability to drive projects independently
- Interest or experience in Sales, Marketing, or Strategy preferred, in addition to interest in telecommunications, cable, media and technology industries
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident required
- Comcast is an Affirmative Action/EEO employer M/F/D/V
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer