Comcast Data Engineer in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
XFINITY Mobile is a new wireless service built for the way people use their phones today with the internet at the center of the experience. We use America's largest and most reliable 4G LTE network, along with the nation's largest WiFi network, to give customers a better wireless experience.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
Drive results and growth
Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
The Data Engineer for Fraud Risk Management will have a fundamental role on the team: obtaining data and maintaining data pipelines both in and out of our platform. This will include maintaining multiple databases (NoSQL and RDBMS) and internal and external data pipelines. Everything our team does depends on data, which this person will own.
Design, build, and maintain data workflows/pipelines to process records into and out of our data lake
Troubleshoot and resolve data processing issues
- Engage in application design and data modeling discussions
- Participate in developing and enforcing data security policies
- Participate in capacity monitoring and planning
- Build, maintain and execute unit test cases with high code coverage
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
- Expert scripting knowledge (python preferable, but any scripting knowledge would work)
- Experience developing on Hadoop/Spark
- Experience developing on an RDBMS such as Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL or Oracle
- Experience with large data sets regularly transforming and querying tables or sets of greater than 20 million records
- Exposure to data hygiene routines and models
- Experience in database design, development and data modeling
- Ability to identify problems, and effectively communicate solutions to team
- Ability to work in a dynamic multi-team environment as well as independently
Added Valuable Skills:
- Hadoop: HDFS, MapReduce, Hive, Pig
- Data architecture
- Database security
- ETL using SQL or a scripting/programming language
- Experience with fuzzy-logic matching and tools
- NoSQL: HBase, AWS DynamoDB, Cassandra, MongoDB
- Familiarity with Linux
Who will succeed in this position:
A positive attitude who can work quickly and independently. Someone who is willing to proactively approach the work and come to the management team with new ideas and better ways to do things will go far. Many of the applications and processes are still being built; this person will have a huge influence in the architecture, design, and management of the platforms.
Comcast is an EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer