Comcast Director, Digital Repair in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Comcast Corporation is a global media and technology company with two primary businesses, Comcast Cable and NBCUniversal. Comcast Cable is the nation's largest video, high-speed Internet and phone provider to residential customers under the XFINITY brand as well as to businesses. NBCUniversal operates 30 news and entertainment cable networks, the NBC and Telemundo broadcast networks, television production operations, television station groups, Universal Pictures and Universal Parks & Resorts.
Comcast is uniquely positioned at the center of digital convergence trends and is strategically investing to build-out and expand its online presence and marketing initiatives. Currently, customers through the site can order any of Comcast's core products, manage their account, and receive customer support. Key product offerings include:
- XFINITY TV: Movies whenever and wherever customers want; On Demand and online with new apps to watch, search, discover and share top TV shows.
- XFINITY Internet: Offers some of the fastest speeds of up to 305 Mbps, as well as a reliable and safe online experience.
- XFINITY Voice: Innovative and reliable IP-enabled home phone service plus enhanced features that are integrated with other Comcast services.
- XFINITY Home: Offers the next generation of home security technology with remote connectivity to provide 24/7 protection.
As the second largest marketer in the world and over 50 million monthly unique visitors to Comcast's web properties, the Company is laser focused on the significant opportunity to transform digital into the company's primary platform for customer acquisition and engagement. Comcast is making a strategic investment in its digital team to lead these efforts.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Reporting to the Executive Director- Digital Product Management, the Director of Digital Repair is a transformational role that will serve as a critical part of the digital repair team. This is a high impact and high visibility role in the organization with the mandate to help transform the way that Comcast customers to use self-service to remedy their problems with any aspect of their Comcast account and service for both Residential and Business customers. This individual will be responsible for driving significant growth and achieving the business goals to increase the adoption of self service, increase the effectiveness of self-service tools, and create new opportunities to better serve our customers through self-service. The primary responsibility is for the overall self-service repair product development for xfinity.com and syndicating the features across various platforms (web, mobile, employee tools). The Director, Digital Repair will become an integral part of the company, working closely with the marketing and technology teams to deliver on the product goals.
- The successful candidate will uncover key insights and develop product strategies to enhance the value of the customer journey, while maximizing our key metrics.
- Team with Divisional and Corporate teams to maximize the overall customer experience across multiple channels
- Develop management reporting and use analytic tools to gauge, monitor and pinpoint areas for improvement.
- Manage the complete product lifecycle for the digital repair experiences
- Develop and execute the product roadmap, including strategies and product enhancements to increase value and customer success rates
- Bring new technologies that help execute on the roadmap as well as reduce manual employee intervention
- Identifies and evaluates new product ideas or strategic product extensions and ensures growth in adoption is achieved. Serves as a subject-matter expert for assigned products.
- Create impact analysis of products and enhancements delivered
- Define and prioritize enhancements to self-service repair experiences
- Manage product budgets, financials and P & Ls
- Develop process and development improvement strategies through coordination with operations and development teams
- Management of each individual product lifecycle, from understanding a concept or the current state, assessing gaps, defining key capabilities, working across the organization to develop requirements, working with user experience and development teams to understand tradeoffs, through product launch and the ongoing management of the product post launch.
- Establish, maintain and manage to a set of simple and core scorecards measuring value of investments.
- Use market research, customer surveys, and web analytic data to understand customer and business needs, discovering latent gaps, identifying new opportunities to ultimately define a product roadmap.
- Serves as expert on best practices in self-service experiences for the product suite to continue to develop new opportunities, including analysis and documentation of competitor best practices.
Education and Experience
- Education Level-Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent, MBA preferred
- Field of Study Business, Marketing, Engineering
- Years Experience Generally requires 10 years of related experience
Other Specific skills:
- Experience working in a matrixed environment in a senior-level role
- 7 years of online/Digital experience
- Experience working for a large organization
- Ability to use Omniture
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Demonstrated Team leadership and Development
- Deep understanding of Testing (A/B, multi-variant, etc)
- Demonstrated ability to grow business
Disclaimer The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer