Comcast Director, HR Deployment,Org Acceleration in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
This role will be a part of the Organizational Acceleration team within the HR Technology & Service Solutions organization. Organizational Acceleration work is focused on driving overall simplification and an integrated approach to project management, change acceleration and solution ideation. The team is focused on an all-inclusive approach to delivering innovative solutions that are simple, efficient and focused on business impact and the employee experience.
The Director will be responsible for providing leadership and direction within the department and working on a cross-functional team focused on new projects and initiatives as well as strategic process design and/or transformation efforts across the HR organization. A key focus for the department will be the Digital transformation of HR. This is a multi-year journey to redefine how the HR and employee experience is delivered that will include calibrating processes for digital compatibility and the transition to a new cloud-based technology platform, Workday.
The Director will be responsible for defining a cohesive plan that captures the aspects of technology, people, and process and will support the successful delivery of assigned projects with a focus on change management. Activities include managing the complete life cycle of highly complex projects, including approval, planning, execution, and project closeout to ensure planned results are achieved on time, on budget, and within scope.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how
you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being
open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that
brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
- Develops, maintains, and manages detailed project plans, action item registers, and major milestone timelines for all assigned projects. Creates and maintains process workflow documents to support business needs.
- Manages all assigned projects to completion ensuring on-time delivery, meeting of budgetary demands, and maintenance of overall project ownership.
- Uses formal processes and tools to manage resources, budgets, risks, and changes. Recommends new processes and tools to achieve advanced project management.
- Manages project status and updates in the form of executive briefings, project update meetings, and written, electronic, and graphic reports.
- Develops and executes a change management plan as part of the overall project plan ensuring appropriate consideration of employee impacts, awareness/communications, proactive adoption management, etc.
- Ability to effectively communicate and tailor approach to audiences at all levels.
- Facilitates and leads project meetings.
- Addresses problems through risk management and contingency planning and presents solutions and/or options to executive management. Ensures effective implementation of solutions/changes.
- Ability to manage multiple, concurrent projects and adapt to changes in project priorities and responsibilities.
- Ability to cope with change and work effectively in a matrixed and fast-paced environment.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Generally requires 10 years related experience
- Expert project management skills
- Strong technical background preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills and highly effective presentation skills
-Experience in change management, design thinking and/or Agile methodologies a plus
- Expert in Excel, MS Project, Visio and PowerPoint
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer