Comcast Director, Mobile OSS/BSS Architecture in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for directing a team of BSS Software Architects and BSS vendor partner engineering deliverables for mobile. Monitors emerging technologies/technology practices for potential use within the company. Designs and develops BSS solution architecture based on business requirements, works with vendor partner to review solution and ensure delivery of solution. Mentors and leads team of architects. Identifies and drives issues through closure. Monitors technical and engineering progress to ensure strategies, goals, and objectives are met. Monitors budgets and makes recommendations influencing budgets, operations, and technology future vision.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Architects solutions to satisfy business and product needs in near and long term timelines.
- Interfaces with the senior leadership team and other functional areas to ensure that most efficient solution is designed to meet business needs; ensures timelines are met.
- Develops, documents, and ensures compliance with best practices including but not limited to the following: coding standards, object-oriented design, platform and framework specific design concerns, and human interface guidelines.
- Tracks and documents requirements for enterprise development projects and enhancements.
- Influences design and development strategies. Contributes to software design reviews.
- Contributes to the continuous improvement of architecture team processes and standards.
- Monitors current and future trends, technology, and information that will positively affect organizational projects; applies and integrates emerging technological trends to new and existing systems architecture. Mentors team members in relevant technology.
- Contributes to the overall systems implementation strategy for the enterprise and participates in appropriate forums, meetings, presentations, etc.
- Gathers and understands client needs, finding key areas where technology leverage is possible to improve business process; defines architectural approaches and develops technology proofs. Communicates technology direction.
- Monitors the project lifecycle from intake through delivery and into production operations.
- Contributes to and supports efforts to further build intellectual property via patents.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study
Engineering, Computer Science
Years of Experience
Generally requires 10 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer