Comcast Director, Retention Marketing in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
The Director, Retention Marketing will be a member of the Customer Marketing team with the primary responsibility to develop and implement retention and loyalty marketing programs for the Comcast residential business. This individual is accountable for developing and executing innovative marketing and multichannel strategies to promote customer retention, increase loyalty and generate positive NPS from existing customers.
As a subject matter expert in loyalty and retention, the Director partners with all of Comcast including Consumer Marketing, Customer Communications, Marketing Communications, Divisions, DCOE, EBI, product business units, external service providers, and miscellaneous other stakeholders to plan and develop tactical segmented marketing programs to improve customer loyalty. He/she will measure, analyze and report on customer metrics and marketing performance; track industry trends and best practices; leverage competitive landscape analysis, and draw conclusions in order to recommend improvements in marketing strategies and tactics.
In this role, he/she will combine marketing thought leadership and an understanding of our capabilities and objectives to support growth targets across Comcast. This will require a blend of analytical, influence management, and execution skills and a strategic mindset in order to turn various sets of data points into actionable plans. The position requires a proven track record of building successful marketing programs to accomplish strategic objectives.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communitie s
- Leads development and implementation of high impact Retention and Loyalty marketing programs.
- Leads efforts to create, maintain and improve analysis and reporting of program effectiveness. Implements program changes based on analysis.
- Develops and socializes business cases as needed for investment and prioritization of loyalty and retention marketing efforts.
- Colloborates, innovates and builds strong relationships critical to drive the success of the retention and loyalty marketing programs.
- Leads the development, and meeting of, departmental budget. Tracks and manages marketing expenses in order to ensure that they are within budget parameters.
- Works with consumer insights, analytics, competitive teams, and key corporate and divisional stakeholders to clearly highlight loyalty and retention opportunities.
- Develops appropriate test, learn, and measurement strategies to take advantage of identified opportunities.
- Creates executive level presentations that bring to life market opportunities, customer targets, and marketing plans in a clear and concise manner.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors or equivalent. Masters degree preferred
- Generally requires 10 years of related experience marketing in a business-to-consumer environment
- Passion for marketing to drive topline business growth
- Deep experience developing and executing loyalty and retention marketing strategies to achieve customer growth and accomplish strategic objectives, ideally in a subscription-based business.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, understand business challenges and recommend effective implementation plans designed to drive results.
- Proven track record working with and influencing cross-functional teams, as well as establishing an internal network of relationships at all levels of the organization to drive results.
- Ability to drive change and performance in a matrixed, consensus-based organization where successful collaboration and communication are required at all levels.
- Demonstrated success in managing a complex workload with multiple priorities and tight deadlines with a focus on measuring results and improving performance.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and thrive under pressure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a strong executive presence.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.