Comcast Director, Upgrade Marketing in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
The Director, Upgrade Segment Marketing will be a member of the Consumer Marketing Upgrade team with the primary responsibility to develop and implement a segment strategy for critical, high-growth customer segments at Comcast. This is a high-impact role given an increasingly complex cross sell and upgrade environment. This individual will lead the development and evolution of our customer segment strategy that helps prioritize organizational upgrade efforts. The Director will be a thought leader on segmenting and thinking about the customer group, but will also work cooperatively across the business to implement programs that maximize value of the segment.
Success in this role will require successful coordination and leadership across teams within all of Comcast including Consumer Marketing, Customer Communications, Marketing Communications, Divisions, DCOE, EBI, product business units, external service providers, and miscellaneous other stakeholders.
In this role, you will combine marketing thought leadership and an understanding of our capabilities and objectives to support growth targets across Comcast. This will require a blend of analytical, influence management, and execution skills and a strategic mindset in order to turn various sets of data points into actionable plans. The position requires a proven track record of building successful marketing programs to accomplish strategic objectives
- Lead development of a customer targeting and segment strategy key customer segments to help achieve product relationship and revenue growth targets.
- Build a customer focused upgrade offer strategy for the segment that maximizes organizational value from either incremental revenue or reduced churn.
- Develop and socialize a business case for investment and prioritization of efforts against the segment.
- Guide the organization on appropriate upgrade offer sequencing in Onboarding.
- Work cooperatively with Onboarding team to determine the right mix of selling and educational messaging.
- Work with SMEs on customer reach initiatives to expand our touch point opportunities for this hard to reach segment.
- Work with consumer insights, analytics, competitive teams, key corporate and divisional stakeholders to clearly highlight opportunities and challenges within the segment.
- Develop appropriate test, learn, and measurement strategies to take advantage of identified opportunities.
- Create executive level presentations that bring to life market opportunities, customer targets, and marketing plans in a clear and concise manner.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors or equivalent. Masters degree preferred.
- Generally requires 10 years of related experience marketing in a business-to-consumer environment.
- Passion for marketing to drive topline business growth.
- Deep experience developing and executing segment-based strategies to achieve customer growth and accomplish strategic objectives, ideally in a subscription-based business.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, understand business challenges and recommend effective implementation plans designed to drive results.
- Proven track record working with and influencing cross-functional teams, as well as establishing an internal network of relationships at all levels of the organization to drive results.
- Ability to drive change and performance in a matrixed, consensus-based organization where successful collaboration and communication are required at all levels.
- Demonstrated success in managing a complex workload with multiple priorities and tight deadlines with a focus on measuring results and improving performance.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and thrive under pressure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a strong executive presence.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.