Comcast Eng 4,Quality Assurance in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
We have an exciting role for a QA Test Engineer on Comcast's Consumer Products Test team within the Premises Technology. Our team works closely with our internal and external development partners to develop and conduct quality certification tests on Comcast's video and broadband customer premises equipment (CPE) products. Efforts within the Consumer Products Test team help ensure a world-class customer experience for the millions of Comcast customers on our X1 platform applications and more!
The QA Eng 4 will be responsible for designing, developing, implementing and executing Reliability and Stability and Performance tests for Customer Premises Equipment (CPE) video and broadband products. Using significant levels of available test automation, the engineer will support testing of video products and ensure that test programs are delivered at high quality, on-schedule, and on-budget and successfully deployed to the field.
Assists in developing and executing Stability and Reliability test plans and test suites working in fast paced Agile/Dev ops Environment.
Able to quickly tailor solutions to help identify, reproduce, and triage defects working closely with Dev, support and product teams. Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities. Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment. Coordinates with multiple onshore and offshore teams and may lead small projects independently.
Experience/ Technical Skills
- BS degree or higher in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
- 5 years of experience in QA testing with hands on experience in different kinds of testing with a focus on Load/Performance testing
- Strong scripting proficiency in Linux or UNIX based shell environment, command-line tools for analysis, and automation. Solid understanding of networking in Linux and test tools.
- Basic level knowledge of Python
- Experience in Agile/Scrum methodology ideally in a fast-paced dev-ops environment
- Good understanding of LAN/WAN architectures and Wi-Fi standards
- Excellent Debugging skills & experience troubleshooting
- Experience working with Telemetry data and analysis.
- Strong background in working in highly automated product test environments and able to assist in test automation and test script maintenance.
- Understanding of video and broadband product
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance; able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary
- Experience working with TCP/IP, UDP, IPv4, IPv6 addressing, Ethernet, VLAN, ATM, PPP, DHCP, DNS, ICMP, ARP, NAT, Bridging, Switching, QOS, Multicast, IGMP v2/3 and Firewalls Experience with Performance/Load testing will be added advantage
- Familiarity with analyzers Wireshark & Ethereal
- Experience with broadband product test including DOCSIS, cable modem standards, digital voice and other
- Proven ability to works with technology partner/vendor teams to troubleshoot problems
- Develops test strategies and designs quality assurance practices. Identifies viable test strategies in order to support testing product functionality
- Leads engineering investigations which includes identifying, reproducing, and resolving product defects
- Responsible for White Box, Grey Box and Black box testing of the CPE products and interfaces.
- Develops, verifies and deploys reliable, and efficient test scripts focused on intelligent risk based testing
- Acts as SME for one or more areas in CPE device testing
- Owns and manages assets for the initiative
- Provide timely and accurate report on assigned projects or ownership areas
- Collaborates with Product and Development teams to identify product and technical requirements
- Lead in the identification and resolution of problems and defects; able to initiate investigation processes, identifies and reproduces bugs or defects and drives issues and improvements to resolution- specifically for new devices.
- Reviews and verifies requirements and design specifications for validity in overall product design, with an emphasis towards product testability and verification.
- Serves as a guide and mentor for junior-level QA and automation development engineers; provides technical leadership and consultation with regards to practices, procedures and techniques
Compliance Comcast is an EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace.
Disclaimer The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer