Comcast Engineer 1, Engineering Ops in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Responsible for participating in project teams, researching technicaltopics related to Company operations, new product implementation,assisting with existing products and services, and the overall upkeepand maintenance of designated areas of engineering. Performs eventcorrelation and identifies probable root cause; provides troubleisolation, basic troubleshooting, and break/fix activities.
- Collects and organizes technical data related to assigned projects.
- Presents data and findings for review at the next level of engineeringmanagement.
- Reads and analyzes technical references and sources to obtainknowledge of assigned Engineering Operations topics. Identifies commonoperational and technical problems with standard solutions. Escalatesmore complex issues to senior Operations Engineers.
- Leads operational readiness testing. Resolves basic issues uncoveredduring testing and escalates issues to engage appropriate resources.
- Identifies potential instrumentation, automation, and standardizationrequired for successful implementation of projects or continuedstabilization of deployed products.
- Works towards industry standard certifications and education.
- Works with peer operational teams on project implementation.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in mattersof significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to worknights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 0-2 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer