Comcast Engineer 2, SmartConnect Engineer in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Comcast is on a mission to improve its Customer Experience from the ground up. Engineers in this team are working on cutting edge virtual assistant technologies to use our massive amounts of data at Comcast to make intelligent decisions about customer chats, calls and enable pro-active repairs based on your software.
We're looking for engineers who want to own a problem, are smart and get things done and love continuously learning. If this is you we'd love to have you on our team!
Responsible for planning and designing new software, big data and web applications. Edits new and existing applications. Implements, testing, and debugging defined software components. Documents all development activity. Works with moderate guidance in own area of knowledge.
- Analyzes and determines integration needs.
- Evaluates and plans software designs, test results and technical manuals.
- Reviews literature, patents, and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Programs new software, web applications and supports new applications under development and the customization of current applications.
- Edits and reviews technical requirements documentation.
- Works with Quality Assurance team to determine if applications fit specification and technical requirements.
- Displays knowledge of engineering methodologies, concepts, skills, and their application in the area of specified engineering specialty.
- Displays knowledge of, and ability to apply, process design and redesign skills.
- Displays in-depth knowledge of, and ability to apply, project management skills.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- develops real time streams of data from engineering systems and products that feed into a stream data platform
- develops data applications
- contributes to big data platform design and implementation
- works with private and public cloud technologies and APIs
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study
- Computer Science, Engineering
Years of Experience
- Generally, requires 2-5 years related experience
Comcast is an EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer