Comcast Engineer 4, Information Security in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast Business offers technology solutions ranging from Ethernet, internet, and WiFi connectivity to voice, television, and managed Enterprise solutions to power businesses of all sizes to perform better. From small businesses to mid-market and large Enterprise organizations, Comcast Business serves business customers across the country. Powered by an advanced, Gig-speed network and backed by 24/7 technical support, Comcast Business is one of the largest contributors to the growth of Comcast Cable. The organization is the nation's largest cable provider to small and mid-size businesses and has emerged as a force in the Enterprise market, recognized by leading industry associations as one of the fastest growing provider of Ethernet services.
Responsible for working with the Network and Systems Engineers to create, maintain, and enforce security plans and policies effecting the network. Responsible for securing all information and information systems assets of the Company network infrastructure. Plays a lead role in the design of security safeguards and ongoing verification of Company's network security posture. Acts as a Network Security Subject Matter Expert for the company. Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities. Acts as a key contributor in a complex and
crucial environment. May lead teams or projects and shares expertise.
- Recommends and ensures implementation of security safeguards to the Company's network. Security safeguards should be in accordance with industry standards, generally accepted business practices and Company security policies. Ensures Network and Systems Engineers follow security best practices when deploying/configuring hardware and software.
- Collaborates with the Network Operations team to ensure disaster recovery plans are viable and current.
- Works with the Network Operating Center to maintain up-to-date troubleshooting guides that pertain to security.
- Recommends policy for responding to security incidents along with a training program for those that might be involved.
- Researches new and/or updated technologies as they come available that pertain to our environment.
- Performs regular penetration tests and vulnerability assessments.
- Takes lead on security audits, both internal and external.
- Develops security scripts and recommend tools to support the Operations Security function.
- Helps ensure that customer SLAs are met at all times. Responds quickly to downtime situations.
- Communicates regularly with development and supports teams regarding system status and implementation schedules. Provides insight and resolutions on security matters, acting as a Subject Matter Expert on cross-functional projects.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent in Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 7-11 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer