Comcast Engineer 4, Software Dev & Engineering in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for planning and designing new software and web
applications. Analyzes, tests, and assists with the integration of new
applications. Oversees the documentation of all development activity.
Trains non-technical personnel. Assists with tracking performance
metrics. Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities.
Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment. May lead
teams or projects and shares expertise.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how
you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being
open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that
brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
- Collaborates with project stakeholders to identify product and
technical requirements. Conducts analysis to determine integration
- Designs new software and web applications, supports applications under
development, and customizes current applications. Develops software
update process for existing applications. Assists in the roll-out of
- Trains junior Software Development Engineers on internally developed
- Oversees the researching, writing, and editing of documentation and
technical requirements, including evaluation plans, test results,
technical manuals, and formal recommendations and reports.
- Keeps current with technological developments within the industry.
Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and products. Reviews
literature, patents, and current practices relevant to the solution of
- Provides technical leadership throughout the design process and
guidance with regards to practices, procedures, and techniques. Serves
as a guide and mentor for junior level Software Development Engineers.
- Assists in tracking and evaluating performance metrics. Ensures team
delivers software on time, to specification, and within budget.
- Works with Quality Assurance team to determine if applications fit
specification and technical requirements.
- Displays expertise in knowledge of engineering methodologies,
concepts, and skills and their application in the area of specified
- Displays expertise in process design and redesign skills. Presents and
defends architectural, design, and technical choices to internal
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 7-11 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer