Comcast HRSD Specialist, ESC in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Serves as the main Human Resource (HR) point-of-contact to delivery exceptional HR support and consultative services for all company employees. This role also serves as intermediary between other HR departments, Centers of Expertise (COE) and extended Human Resources groups within the organization. The HR specialist will leverage multiple HR on-line tools and technology to manage all activities, initiatives and tasks within designated areas of responsibility.
This role requires a high degree of customer satisfaction, collaboration, HR expertise, accuracy and timely responses to our employees and business partners. This includes using our HRIS platforms efficiently, evaluating and analyzing requests/concerns, quickly interpreting the situation, determining the appropriate resolution and/or escalation, and communicating the resolution and escalation to the customer, consistent with Service Level Agreements (SLAs) established by the HR organization.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how
you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being
open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that
brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
- Maintain a solid understanding of HR disciplines and processes as well as business operations.
- Provide guidance and interprets HR policies, procedures and program administration for employees, leaders and business partners.
- Manage inbound questions & requests using multiple channels of communication within our HR Service Delivery (via phone, e-mail, chat and case management system).
- Navigate through multiple digital systems, including but not limited to: SAP, Success factors, Case Management Database, and Microsoft Office Suite programs.
- Utilize designated HRIS Database to process specific employee-related transactions, and provide HRIS Troubleshooting.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Educate employees/managers of services and programs available to them and encourage use of direct access to tools as applicable.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Strong communication skills, with an emphasis on tact and diplomacy. This includes the ability to speak and write clearly to deliver customer service excellence over the phone, through e-mail, chat or in all other interactions.
- Ability to hold self and others accountable to meet commitments, consistently delivering results within required timelines and expectations.
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities and work efficiently in a high-paced environment with changing initiatives.
- Must be a team player and a self-managed individual. Demonstrate initiative, be a self-starter, & fast learner.
- Ability to work effectively with people with varying levels of experience and diverse backgrounds.
- Technically adept and aptitude to operate all HR systems efficiently.
- Requires superior attention to detail and the tenacity to follow through and resolve outstanding issues.
- Ability to work with confidential data using good discretion and high integrity.
- Bachelor's degree required (Business Administration, Human Resources, or related study preferred). Experience in a similar customer-focused environment or combination of education and HR experience will be considered.
- 1-3 years of related HR experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Solid understanding of HR policies and procedures
- Hands on experience /knowledge of HRIS Systems
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management
- HR certification such as PHR or SHRM-CP
- Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM) or related organizational membership
- Familiarity with working in a HR Service Delivery environment
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer