Comcast Incident Manager, NCO Ops Communications in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
This fast-paced, urgency-driven position presents an exciting opportunity to manage company-wide communications during crises and other unplanned events. Responsible for creating and executing communications to customer-facing employees (e.g., customer service agents, installers, etc.) related to events such as natural disasters, product and service outages, billing errors, and security breaches. Must be available 24x7 during active crisis mode, with the ability to work nights, weekends and holidays. Partners closely with cross-functional teams and leaders throughout the company. Serves as a customer and frontline employee champion, focusing on opportunities for providing an excellent experience. Delivers communications that are clear, transparent and relevant, translating complex operational terminology into lay terms. A successful candidate is one who enjoys a fast-paced environment that requires quick decision-making, team collaboration and ideation.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Participate in conference call discussions to quickly assess incidents and evaluate frontline employee and customer impact and potential solutions. Collaborate with others to recommend and determine what should be communicated to employees and customers.
- Coordinate rapid execution of frontline communications tactics across platforms, including Interactive Voice Response (IVR), chat, customer service, technical operations, social media, sales and other messaging during crisis events. Ensure communications meet Comcast communications guidelines and brand standards. Obtain legal and other necessary approvals from company leaders.
- Quickly prepare summaries of crisis events that include impacts to customers and employees, and communication tactics. Assist the Senior Director with creating communications plans, leadership alerts and status updates during incidents.
- Manage the Crisis Communications Playbook, updating and maintaining checklists and contact information for first responders and other essential personnel. Expand playbook content as needed.
- Track, analyze and report crises and other unplanned events for various uses and audiences.
- Develop collaborative and productive partnerships with leaders and employees at all levels throughout the organization.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 6-9 years related experience
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Able to work independently and manage multiple tasks.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Available to work nights and weekends, including holidays, when in active crisis
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer