AmeriHealth Caritas Internal Auditor Senior in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Internal Auditor Senior
Your career starts now. We’re looking for the next generation of health care leaders.
At AmeriHealth Caritas, we’re passionate about helping people get care, stay well and build healthy communities. As one of the nation's leaders in health care solutions, we offer our associates the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people through our national footprint of products, services and award-winning programs. AmeriHealth Caritas is seeking talented, passionate individuals to join our team. Together we can build healthier communities. If you want to make a difference, we’d like to hear from you.
Headquartered in Philadelphia, AmeriHealth Caritas is a mission-driven organization with more than 30 years of experience. We deliver comprehensive, outcomes-driven care to those who need it most. We offer integrated managed care products, pharmaceutical benefit management and specialty pharmacy services, behavioral health services, and other administrative services. Discover more about us at www.amerihealthcaritas.com.
Leads multiple simultaneous financial, compliance, and operational audits to review and assess the efficiency and effectiveness of AmeriHealth Caritas systems, programs, and procedures. Completes special projects and analyses. Providers consulting services to AmeriHealth Caritas departments as needs are identified management. Oversees work of Internal Auditors.
- Follows appropriate internal audit departmental policies and guidelines in conducting audits and the standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and Institute of Internal Auditors Code of Ethics.
- Completes the planning work on assigned segments of the audit, including a review of appropriate organizational policies and procedures and external reference material for the area under review.
- Determines the scope of work necessary to meet audit objectives and determines records or activities to analyze the extent of tests to apply, and the working papers to prepare. Utilizes the various types of audit evidence. Performs analytical reviews of data. Ascertains compliance with laws.
- Conducts audit testing within timely manner to minimize disruption of daily operations. Reviews transactions, documents, records, and methods for accuracy, completeness, and effectiveness.
- Accurately performs the audit in accordance with the approved program within the time frame established in a professional manner.
- Prepares acceptable work papers, which record and summarize data on the assigned audit segments.
- Communicates effectively with company personnel during an audit.
- Assists in evaluating and summarizing results of audit, assists in writing audit reports and/or memorandums and completes follow-up work for recommendations made during the audit.
- 3 to 5 years of audit experience in a public accounting firm or professional services firm, or, relevant internal audit experience.
- Experience with Data Analysis preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent work experience).
- CIA, CFE, CPA, or similar certification required within 18 months of hire.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled