Comcast Manager, Applied Analytics in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
This Manager role will serve as a lead "advanced analyst" that will drive change transformation and strategy execution to achieve specific business results through a superior understanding of how to design work, create business strategy and vision to focus on strengths, competitive advantage, and differentiation. To be successful, this individual will need to take an informed and inspired view to deliver results by creating value and opportunity, have an external focus, anticipate new trends, and customer needs. Additionally, incorporate broad knowledge to address complex, unusual, and critical issues; not be intimidated to find new and innovative ways to solve complex challenges. Recognize profitability and revenue potential in business opportunities and champion new ways to capitalize on them.
Advanced Data Extraction and Manipulation Skills
Quantitative Orientation and Analytic Experience
Business Acumen and Analytic Curiosity
Strong Sense of Data Visualization
- Develops business requirements, assesses current reporting capabilities, and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Analyzes data with the goal of informing business decisions. Subject areas cover a wide range of our business including finance, sales, marketing, field operations, care, and customer valuation.
- Creates actionable insight and understanding, through the analysis of both quantitative and qualitative data, building recommendations that directly address business objectives. Proven ability to influence, implement and execute against the plans through an efficient and effective team.
- Plans, develops, and implements data engineering and analytics solutions and technologies, and ensures that sound methodologies are employed. Provides the Company with solid, effective, and efficient systems that are supportable.
- Understands the needs of non-technical internal application users, and maintains strong support relationships with managers, leads, and end-user community in all business areas.
- Assists in the identification and elimination of duplicative efforts; accelerates sharing of best practices.
- Leads the consistent application and interpretation of new data and metrics.
- Ideal candidate possesses a balance of general business knowledge, ability to work with multi-million record relational databases, analytical acumen, and presentation skills.
- Performs business intelligence analysis and data exploitation. Extracts signals and signatures from raw data, integrates that information with other data sources and compiles/disseminates formatted reports to customers.
- Leads the analysis and reconciliation of data and reporting projects and initiatives delivery.
- Trains others throughout the organization in using key analytical and forecasting tools and statistical analysis.
- Consistently exercises independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Prepares robust analytical analysis of business operations with relevant and accurate supporting information. The purpose of the analysis, conclusions and potential applications should be apparent.
- Creates, evaluates, and analyzes proposals for new business ideas. Assists in identifying business opportunities. Creates a plan that clearly summarizes the project, summarizes the intended financial, subscriber and business impact, and outlines implementation process points.
- Assists in the preparation and delivery of presentations that are concise, well organized and visually appealing so that that the salient points are clearly communicated. Conclusions are transparent and include potential business applications.
- Assists in managing projects through milestones. Ensures that we are driving toward the goals of the project. Deliverables are met on established timelines.
- Creative problem solver, takes a high level of initiative, has a strong sense of personal accountability to follow-through.
- Acts collaboratively and decisively with a "one company" mindset
- Organizationally savvy, successfully navigates complex and highly-matrixed environments
Education Level:-Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study: Finance, Applied Mathematics, Statistics
Years' Experience:-Generally requires 6-9 years related experience
Compliance: Comcast is an EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications
Comcast is an Affirmative Action/EEO employer M/F/D/V
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer