Comcast Manager, IT Support in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
As a Manager, IT Support on the Retail Technology team, you will lead the design, development, and deployment of new retail technology solutions used by our frontline team and customers every day. Your work will improve employee engagement and the customer experience. You will simplify workflows by consistently improving our applications based on feedback from users and our research teams as well as your own in-store observations.
In this role, a hybrid of business and technology expertise, you will collaborate with our Division and technology partners by providing business requirements and user stories to help with development of new systems, tools, and experiences. You will lead day to day functions and coordination of designing, testing, and delivering new technology hardware and software applications to the Xfinity Retail locations that include, but are not limited to, Network Infrastructure, A/V, Digital Messaging, Merchandising, and employee tools and technologies. This role collaborates across cross functional teams such as IT, Store Design and Build, T&P, Marketing, and Product teams to ensure comprehensive development and execution of requirements that exceed employee and customer expectations.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders and external retail technology groups to define and execute an integrated strategy and roadmap for in-store technologies, ensuring that XFINITY Retail Store technology enables our future business strategies.
- Work with engineering, product and business stakeholders to design, implement, and integrate scalable and highly available solutions to support retail sales, service, and store operations.
- Lead/facilitate design, brainstorming, and work sessions
- Lead software and hardware evaluations and selections to support business requirements
- Collaborate with business owners across functions, and partner with engineering and delivery to prioritize feature sets
- Continuously research new technologies that benefit the retail organization.
- Possess working knowledge while acting as a subject matter expert on how all technology components within our retail environment function and are supported
- Build, test, and deploy new retail consumer hardware technology and software applications
- Standardize technology and processes across Retail platform to enable ease of understanding and support
- Deliver solutions within project budgets and timelines
- Ensure all new technology solutions are well documented and on-boarded into Retail Help Desk
- Demonstrate ability to teach, train, and support Division/Region IT partners, Field Merchandising managers, and Region Operation Manager teams.
- Work with 3rd party vendors and suppliers to design, validate, and approve solutions
- Demonstrate ability to translate technical speak into a style of communication that is easily understood
- Provide reporting of technology operating status
- Act as escalation point for Retail Technology issues
- 2-3 years IT/Technology experience preferably in a service/retail industry.
- Minimum 5years experience
- Ability to translate complex systems to cross functional teams, leadership, and end user documentation
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent- Information Sciences, Technology, Computer Science, Engineering
About Comcast Retail
Comcast began opening retail stores under the XFINITY Store brand beginning in 2011. Today, there are over 250 stores open with plans to open hundreds more over the coming years. Staffed by over 4,000 highly-trained, knowledgeable experts, XFINITY stores offer the full portfolio of XFINITY products including video, voice, internet, and home security services. An exciting new line of XFINITY Mobile phones and related accessories are also now available in all XFINITY Stores.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer